Temporary Production Assistant (Coordinator I)
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Production Assistant position within the Undertold Stories Project.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
This is a temporary position, working up to six months, dependent on the University’s needs.
Assists in the production and creation of online material, building content around news stories and pre and post production assistance. Works to foster stronger collaboration with the Project and St. Thomas across the campus to raise awareness and increase utilization of UTS reporting in the classroom.
1. Manages online content including posting stories after broadcast, consistent social media posts and further website management.
2. Liaises with St. Thomas staff and faculty to promote the Project’s work and philosophy to enhance craft skills and ethical thinking among students.
3. Works to identify and aggregate content related to Project reports so as to maintain a "living and breathing" Project website with the goal of increasing traffic and classroom utilization.
4. Assists in developing a readily accessible archive of the Project’s video resources and creating supplemental content from it.
5. Assists in the coordination and production of Under Told Stories Project campus events and identifies opportunities to raise the Project’s visibility at other campus events and facilities.
6. Assist in transcriptions, logging, research and editing as needed and directed.
7. Other duties as assigned by Project direction, producer, and COJO faculty
High School diploma or the equivalent
One (1) years of administrative support experience, preferably in Higher Education.
One (1) year of experience in video production, preferably in a journalism setting
Knowledge and experience with contemporary technologies for livestream platforms
Some proficiency in video editing with Avid, Adobe, or similar software
Experience in operation of video cameras and sound recording equipment
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer