The University at Buffalo Libraries seek a dynamic, innovative, and service-oriented Sciences Librarian to provide research and teaching support to faculty, students and researchers in the science and engineering programs. You will join a collegial group of dedicated librarians on the Science and Engineering Library Services Team whose work supports excellent educational programs and world-class research in the College of Arts and Sciences, the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, and university research centers and institutes.
As the Sciences Librarian, you will:
- Provide research support to faculty as the primary liaison to select departments in sciences and/or engineering;
- Develop collaborative partnerships with faculty to support their teaching needs by integrating library resources, research and information literacy competencies into departmental courses, curricula and programs;
- Actively engage in sustained outreach to science and engineering students to ensure their awareness of Libraries’ resources and services;
- Provide additional support for research by offering training to faculty and students in citation management software;
- Design, present and assess instruction in a variety of formats to meet the needs of diverse user groups;
- Provide research consultation services in-person, through individual appointments and via electronic communication (chat, email, text);
- Communicate current issues and trends in scholarly communication and open access publishing to faculty and staff in relevant disciplines;
- Collaborate with fellow team members to develop services and programs in data management, digital tools, e-research, data literacy, and other emerging areas;
- Assist in the selection and assessment of print and digital resources in science and engineering to support research and teaching;
- Work collaboratively with library and non-library colleagues to advance the research enterprise;
- Advantageously deploy services and implement initiatives that advance the mission of the STEM and library communities.
We are looking for skilled, passionate individuals to join us in making the University Libraries a center of energy and innovation on campus. You can expect to learn continuously in a rapidly changing academic landscape. We will help you be successful by providing mentorship and professional development opportunities. This is a two-year, renewable faculty appointment with rank leading to tenure in an academic research-oriented environment with expectations for research, publication and service. The Sciences Librarian will report to the Head of the Science and Engineering Library Services Team and work with librarians and staff across the University Libraries.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.