Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Therapist III - Student Health Services
Utah Valley University
Therapist III - Student Health Services
: Staff - Full-Time
Are you an excellent listener and communicator and enjoy working with people? UVU is seeking three therapists to join their team who will have the opportunity to impact students to succeed. Under the direction of the Director of Mental Health Services, the Therapist III diagnoses and provides treatment for learning, intellectual, psychological, and social disorders and provides psychological clinical case management; conducts individual, couples, and group psychotherapy; and provides consultation to other programs and agencies on treatment needs and behavioral plans.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Masters or Doctorate in the Mental Health field (i.e. Psychology, Social work, Marriage and Family Therapy or Counseling) and two years of full-time experience in higher education counseling or clinical setting and meets the requirements of a Training Supervisor as required by the State of Utah.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of individual, group, and crisis intervention counseling techniques.
- Knowledge of treatment plan development and implementation.
- Knowledge of community mental health resources.
- Knowledge of essential principles of psychology, human behavior, counseling, and psychotherapy.
- Knowledge of psycho-diagnostic and psychiatric diagnosis based on DSM-V.
- Basic knowledge of psychopharmacology.
- Knowledge of Title IX procedures and campus resources.
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of clinical supervision.
- Knowledge of and participation in consulting techniques, public speaking, teaching, presentations, etc.
- Good communication and observation skills used in psychotherapeutic intervention, treatment planning, and to determine a clients needs and document his or her progress.
- Skills in providing best practice clinical supervision to therapist trainees.
- Skills in the diagnosis of psychological disorders based on the DSM-5.
- Ability to recommend voluntary and/or involuntary commitment of clients for hospitalization for psychological treatments.
- Ability to provide suicide risk assessments using evidence-based practice.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to be compliant with HIPAA and FERPA privacy laws.
- Ability to perform other management duties as assigned by the Director of Mental Health Services.
Doctoral level education and degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology.
Physical ability to sit for long periods of time, occasional standing, walking, and consistently talking, hearing and seeing.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$57,499 - $71,874
STA04020 Student Health Services Staff
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/17403
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |