Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Patrol Officer II
Patrol Officer II
502-Public Safety Department
The Patrol Officer II maintains safety, enforces university rules and regulations, and protects life and property within the University community under general supervision. Acts as the first responder to campus emergencies and initiates appropriate emergency response procedures as needed. Responds to reports of crimes, suspicious circumstances, and other general calls for service and prepares detailed written reports of activities. Conducts proactive patrol of University buildings, facilities, property, and other assets. Works collaboratively with other University departments as well as external police agencies in resolving incidents. Interacts with Villanova community members in a professional and positive manner employing effective community service oriented techniques and tactics. Assists in providing a safe and secure environment for University community members to work, live, and pursue their academic goals and objectives.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs preventative patrol. Uses judgement to patrol areas of potential criminal activity; prioritizes patrol pattern.
- Responds to emergency incidents, including medical emergencies, fire alarms, and burglary alarms; assumes control of the situation prior to the arrival of a supervisor.
- Conducts preliminary investigations of suspicious incidents and other general calls for assistance; prepares clear and concise initial incident reports.
- Assumes control of the scene prior to arrival of superior officers, police officers or investigators.
- Enforces campus parking regulations; checks for valid vehicular parking stickers and permits. Issues tickets as needed or directed; alerts supervisors to traffic hazards or violations that could result in a vehicle being towed and/or booted.
- Assists in the emergency evacuation of buildings or areas.
- Staffs special event assignments, including athletic competitions, homecoming and commencement activities. Maintains crowd control and provides instructions and directions to event attendees and staff.
- Testifies in campus judicial and criminal hearings as required.
- Acts as an information resource for visitors and community members; keeps abreast of departmental and university activities.
- Employs effective community service oriented techniques, ensuring positive and professional interactions are maintained with Villanova University community members.
- Routinely interacts with residence assistants (RA) and other University faculty, staff, and students during normal patrol; sharing crime prevention information and valuable safety and security techniques.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to become certified in Emergency Response through the American Red Cross within 12 months of hire.
- Must possess valid drivers license.
- Knowledge of safety and security practices in a college setting.
- Knowledge of basic investigative techniques.
- Understanding of emergency response procedures, including, but not limited to, knowledge of emergency evacuation procedures, as well as principles of Incident Command System (ICS) and National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- Knowledge of emergency medical procedures.
- Understanding of written instructions.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Sound problem solving, decision making, and judgment skills are required.
- Ability to effectively interact with members of the University community, including people from diverse ethnic, cultural, and religious backgrounds.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- 3 years of experience in police, security, EMS or fire setting, preferably in a college or university environment. Comparable duties in the military accepted.
- Excellent report writing ability.
- Good keyboarding and general computer skills.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description, all Public Safety Officers must be flexible to adjust to business demands which may require accepting other duties and responsibilities.
As the first point of contact in many dealings with students, parents, faculty, staff and/or the community at large, all Public Safety Personnel must be willing to fulfill the mission of the department and of the University.
Special Message to Applicants
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information:
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/15406
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |