Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
PT Head Baseball Coach
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
PT Head Baseball Coach
PART-TIME HEAD BASEBALL COACH
Foothill-De Anza Community College District is establishing a pool of qualified applicants for this position. Applications will be accepted continuously until otherwise noted. Applications will remain on file for two years from date received or last submitted.
SELECTION PROCEDURE:Applications will be screened by appropriate department representatives on an as-needed basis. Qualified applicants who best meet the needs of the division will be contacted for an interview.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Standard duties expected of all part-time faculty include the performance of instructional, counselor, or librarian duties as assigned; evaluation and assessment of student work; and timely submission of grades. In addition, part-time faculty are expected to participate in the assessment of their performance, including administrative and student evaluations. Part-time faculty may also have opportunities to participate in various campus and staff development activities and are encouraged to be involved in the larger College or District community. Part-time faculty may be eligible to receive additional pay for office hours, additional assignments, and professional development events.
- Coach and supervise the Baseball team during practice and games.
- Provide the organization, direction, and administration of the Baseball program which includes recruiting of participants from diverse ethnic groups.
- Have a current Class B Driver License and medical card. Travel to contests and be responsible to drive the student-athletes to contests.
- Be current on CCCAA and Coast Conference, and De Anza rules, policies and guidelines. This includes taking the CCCAA online test and complete the CCCAA Constitution and Bylaws In-Service every year.
- Be responsible for home game management staff.
- Schedule contests.
- Develop a fundraising program for Baseball program, and specifically for the Baseball Facility.
- Maintain active involvement with student activities, sports promotion and Athletic Department fundraising
- Develop an off season strength and conditioning program
- Monitor academic progress to student-athletes and actively assist students in the four-year transfer program
- Attend Conference, Nor Cal and State Meetings
- Assignments may include weekends and/or evenings
- Develop curriculum and participate in other duties consistent with part-time faculty responsibilities
- Attend coaches, athletics and faculty meetings. Represent De Anza in a professional manner.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Minimum Qualifications for this position as defined in the Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges published by the Academic Affairs Division, Chancellor's Office, California Community Colleges: Any bachelor's degree and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of coaching as coach for Baseball team(s).
- Indoor, office environment and outdoor training facilities.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Vision sufficient to read various materials.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to perform the tasks required of the position.
- Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Bending at waist, kneeling, or crouching.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally.
- Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
SALARY RANGE:Actual placement is based on applicant's verified education and experience.
For the complete Faculty Salary Schedule, go to: http://hr.fhda.edu/_faculty-information.html
APPLICATION PROCESS:To be considered for this pool, you must submit an on-line application packet with the following items:
- A District on-line application at http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
- A cover letter addressing the preferred qualifications for the position.
- All college transcripts scanned in Word or PDF version.
Please note: If you are unable to attach your transcripts electronically, please have them available when interviewed.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application materials.
If you wish to request equivalency for this position (if you believe you do not meet minimum qualifications), you may submit the Request for Equivalency form. This form will need to be submitted with your application packet. You may either scan a hard copy of this form with your application packet or submit it as a Word document with your application packet. http://hr.fhda.edu/_downloads/Equivalency.pdf
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews or accept employment. All interviewing and moving costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
To apply, visit https://fhda.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/128?c=fhda
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |