Assistant II- Data and Prospect Development
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
Who we are:
We are Utah Valley University and have the largest student enrollment among public universities in the state, approximately 41,000 students. We are one of a growing number of institutions in the nation offering an integrated dual-mission model that combines the rigor and richness of a first-rate teaching university with the openness and vocational programs of a community college.
Utah Valley University is committed to exception care, exceptional accountability, and exceptional results. The university is embarking on its first comprehensive fundraising campaign and the Assistant II will play an important role in its success.
What you'll be doing:
The Division of Institutional Advancement at Utah Valley University is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented prospect development professional. The Assistant II is a lead position that conducts prospect research on individuals, corporations, and foundations that are prospects for significant financial support and can advance the University (e.g. through influence or volunteer activity). The position is reactive and responsive to requests from university development staff and the office of the president; it is also proactive in expanding the pool of potential prospects and bringing to the attention of the development staff those that offer the greatest promise of return. You will:
* Provide reports containing an analysis of all information gathered and recommended courses of action, including gift capacity ratings.
* Identify new major donor prospects, and recommends strategies to appropriate members of the development staff.
* Employ a wide variety of proactive prospecting methodologies, including but not limited to the following: perform in-house data mining, including sophisticated constituent database queries and wealth screen modeling data.
* Assist the Director of Prospect Development with prospect and portfolio management. This includes periodic portfolio reviews, regular meetings with Directors of Development, and database imports.
* Compile reports for various UVU Institutional Advancement staff members containing past history and strategic analysis of potential, current, and previous donors.
* Evaluate and analyze financial information including Foundation 990 forms, SEC filings, real estate assets, business assets, etc. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Graduation from an accredited institution with an associates degree in a related field and two years of experience OR any combination of education and experience totaling four years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge in development specific research methods
* Knowledge of development specific database systems, data sources, and data analytics
* Strong computer and analytical skills
* Excellent written communication
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, while prioritizing and successfully balancing multiple tasks and projects
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with confidential information
* Knowledge of Raisers Edge/NXT or similar relational CRM database.
* Knowledge of fund-raising prospect and portfolio management.
Occasionally: standing, lifting, travel
Continuously: sitting, fine hand manipulation, talking, hearing, vision ability
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $40,392-$50,490
Advertisement Number: STA141422
Open Date: 06/07/2022
Review Start Date: 06/20/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/28694
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.