Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Program Manager, Global Access Programs (4169U) - 27484
University of California, Berkeley
Program Manager, Global Access Programs (4169U) - 27484
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 20, 2019
UC Berkeley Extension is the continuing education branch of the University of California, Berkeley. Extension offers more than 2,000 courses per year in a variety of subjects both online and in the classroom. Extension's administrative departments and units include student records (transcripts), registration, scheduling, international student services, facilities, financial services, and the cashier's office. In addition to the main Berkeley center, it has responsibility for the maintenance and operation of regional centers in San Francisco (Spear Street), and Belmont and other leased facilities in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Establishes evaluation criteria for measuring desired results and impact.
- Manages academic quality assurance and improvement processes, including setting standards for course preparation, assessment, and evaluation.
- Coordinates regular meetings with advisory committees, program instructors, and student representatives for ongoing discussion of quality improvement.
- Manages resolution process for academic issues with instructors, students, parents, and partners.
- Manages disciplinary processes in collaboration with colleagues from academic and administrative departments.
- Provides regular reports on results to senior leadership in the department.
- Uses considerable discretion to determine methods and procedures for current and new course offering and topics.
- Collaborates regularly with other program directors and program managers in the department to ensure standardization across programs.
- Plans and develops programs and curriculum, and adjusts existing courses and curriculum in an accredited and/or certified public education environment working closely with program directors, the Academic Policy Committee, and instructors to manage the planning and scheduling of course offerings.
- Plans and manages program-related events.
- Evaluates prospective program partnerships and supports department leadership and other staff in their development.
- Recruits, selects, orients, evaluates and supervises qualified accredited and/or certificate instructors.
- Works closely with program directors, the Academic Policy Committee, and senior leadership to ensure excellence in all areas of instruction across programs.
- Develops, prepares and reconciles budget for program(s). Provides regular reports and projections to senior leadership in the department.
- Evaluates and adjusts course curriculum through student course and outcome evaluations and levels of interest shown.
- Uses business software systems in the completion of work assignments (for example, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Possesses advanced analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates through knowledge of campus policies and procedures; advanced knowledge of functional area and understands how work impacts other areas of public educational programs.
- Has advanced knowledge of accredited and/or certificate program instruction and delivery methodologies, campus, market and business strategies.
- Experience managing academic programs
- Experience assessing the quality of academic programs and managing process improvement efforts
- Experience developing new academic programs or courses to meet student or market needs
- Experience managing a portfolio of academic or professional training courses from various disciplines and subject areas
- Experience planning and managing events
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and cross-cultural communications skills sufficient to represent the university in meetings with leaders and senior-level representatives of other organizations
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Continuing education in related field required.
Salary & Benefits
- Preferred experience working in higher education with international students
- Preferred 3 or more years international work experience
- Preferred 5 or more years experience working in higher education administration or academic program management progressively taking on greater responsibilities
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Preferred full professional proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, German, Russian, Hindi, Portuguese, or French
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a 12-month, 40-hours per week, temporary (contract) position.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://jobsprod.is.berkeley.edu/psp/jobsprod/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=27484&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |