Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Campus Director of Academic Advising
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
seeks a campus-wide Campus Director of Academic Advising
to provide strategic leadership with respect to undergraduate academic advisement and to develop effective and consistent academic advising practices that best serve UB students. In this role, you will coordinate campus-wide undergraduate advising, communicate best practices in academic advisement, organize advising training and professional development opportunities, and manage advising assessment.
Additionally, you will coordinate advising related efforts with stakeholders across campus, such as Accessibility Resources, Financial Aid, International Student Services (ISS
), Office of the Registrar, Orientation, Transition and Parent Programs (OTTP
) and other units, to ensure appropriate and consistent support for our undergraduates. This position supervises the Director of the Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center, reports to the Dean of Undergraduate Education and is a key member of the Dean’s leadership team.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- As a member of Undergraduate Education leadership, provide strategic input and expertise regarding academic advising, undergraduate initiatives and policies related to student success and academic progress.
- Serve as the primary university academic advisement leader; acting as liaison to academic and service units including academic deans, advising leadership and faculty on matters related to student advisement services; coordinating campus-wide advisement initiatives; developing expectations for standardized advising practices, use of appropriate technology platforms and communication methods; and coordinating professional development and advising assessment.
- Contribute to long-range research and strategic planning aimed at improving student satisfaction, retention and graduation through impactful advising services. Utilize data-driven insights to identify opportunities to help achieve student success outcomes and make recommendations to address challenges related to academic advisement and retention.
- Convene an Advising Council on behalf of the Dean of Undergraduate Education, consisting of campus advising unit leadership for purposes of advising coordination and standardization, strategic consultation, communication, and dissemination.
- Disseminate and ensure academic advisement best practices and ethical standards are followed such as those promulgated by the National Academic Advising Association (NACADA)
- As requested, represent Undergraduate Education on campus-wide committees offering expertise in relation to academic advisement services and students’ needs.
- Present to students, families, and campus partners regarding academic advising and student success.
- Supervise the Director of the Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advisement Center (EPAC)
Undergraduate Education supports the university mission of providing an inclusive environment and a transformative educational experience that promotes the academic and personal success and engagement of all undergraduate students. We value a learner-centered and culturally responsive advising approach that supports students throughout their entire college journey, fostering a nurturing and inclusive environment. We are committed to providing as diverse and as inclusive environment as possible for staff, faculty and students. Therefore, we seek candidates who are committed to ensuring that services reflect, support and enhance diversity, equity and inclusion.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Master’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive academic advisement experience in a leadership role at a college or university level
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, including experience presenting to small and large groups.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, diplomacy, and critical thinking skills and a proven track record of working strategically and collaboratively with a variety of campus units/offices.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment exhibiting understanding, appreciation and respect for a wide-variety of individual backgrounds
- Master’s degree in higher education related field
- At least 5 years of progressive leadership experience at the college level, with an emphasis on academic advisement.
- Experience working in a large, complex university setting.
- Strong analytical skills
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |