Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Program Coordinator - Tufts Global Education
Tufts Global Education (TGE) serves as a hub of international programs and initiatives at the School of Arts and Science and School of Engineering. The division works with faculty, students, and across the University on global engagement. TGE oversees study abroad, international exchange programs, international learning collaborations, and faculty-led custom programs. We currently operate 10 of our own programs and we also facilitate student participation in approved programs throughout the world.
What You'll Do
The Program Coordinator plays an integral role in the successful operations of the TGE through facilitating logistics related to the implementation of global education programs and initiatives.
They provide key administrative support to the Associate Dean and all programs in this fast-paced division office, which exists in an ever-shifting work climate due to the uncertainly with global exchange, politics, and other factors. This position has an on-campus presence.
The Program Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Provide complex administrative support for day-to-day operations including coordinating communications, facilitating student enrollment and student services, directly advising students, and overseeing office functions that support programming
- Assist with all aspects of education abroad outreach including guiding students on requirements, application process, pre-departure preparation, and re-entry in collaboration with various stakeholders
- Partner with colleagues to customize identity-based advising and programming relevant to a diverse study body including, but not limited to: First Gen, International, LGBTQ+, and BIPOC students
- Coordinate all arrangements and with other programs and offices, to support our international exchange students from partner institutions on non-visa related areas
- Execute events, marketing, and outreach
- Perform multiple concurrent tasks to meet frequent deadlines by completing work with agility, prioritizing under pressure, and pivoting throughout the day
What We're Looking For
Please submit a cover letter as a writing sample, in addition to resume, with application.
- 5+ years of work experience
- 3+ prior experience working in international education, study abroad, global programs, or cultural exchange is required
- Prior experience providing administrative assistance
- Proficient in MS Office, including with Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience with database and/or content management system(s)
- This position requires strong attention to detail, organizational skills, grace under pressure, excellent communication skills, interest in and sensitivity to cross-cultural interactions by phone, e-mail, and in person
- Must be able to handle multiple responsibilities with competing priorities, time-sensitivity, and complex administrative details
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to function across a variety of computer platforms and programs, including manipulating spreadsheets and creating visual presentations
- Capacity to offer empathy and the highest level of support to students and partners at varying organizational levels while emphasizing policy requirements
- Experience in intercultural communication, diversity, equity, and inclusion student programming in the US or abroad
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with flexibility, self-initiative, patience, agility, and a solution-focused perspective as a team player
- Proven ability to work effectively and cooperatively with college students, faculty, staff, and parents
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evening hours and occasional weekends throughout the year
- Previous experience with student support services, student affairs, and/or student advising
- Experience working with TerraDotta, Zoom, WordPress, Apptricity, Qualtrics, Canva, Google suite, and/or other student information systems
- Demonstrated use of social media platforms, marketing to students, and student outreach
- Any design software knowledge
- Experience managing student employees and interns
- Global education experience, travel, and/or work abroad
- Knowledge of a foreign language desirable
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- This is an in-person role based in Medford, MA
- Some weekend and evening work will be required on occasion
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be an option
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |