Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Assistant Director, Career Education Services
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is looking for an Assistant Director, Career Education Services to join the Career Education Center (CEC). Reporting to the Director, the Assistant Director will provide personalized career coaching for undergraduate and graduate students as well as alumnae/i. From assessment and skill building exercises to counseling on career planning and job search strategies, the Assistant Director will play a critical role in creating synergy between career readiness and preparation with course curriculum and student academic success, as well as serving as liaison with faculty to deliver these services.
As a University committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, we seek candidates with a commitment to these values and an ability to work with individuals from a broad range of identities and perspectives.
The Career Education Center supports the mission, academic programs, and advancement of Simmons University. It does so by helping students and alumnae/I develop the skills and knowledge, both of themselves and the workplace, so that they can make informed decisions for effective lifelong career management. Serving as a vital link between academic preparation and career readiness, the CEC works collaboratively with Simmons Colleges, Schools, departments and other offices, area colleges, and employers.
- Provide career coaching to undergraduate and graduate students as well as alumnae/i on an individual and group basis regarding career planning, job search strategies, professional skills development, and related topics;
- Administer assessment, skill building and evaluation tools, identifying talents, interests and personality characteristics to inform career decisions;
- Engage with selected Colleges, Schools, and academic programs as part of career communities initiative;
- Mentor Peer Career Assistant (s) in career development process.
- Liaise with faculty, staff and departments to identify career preparation and development needs and integrate career learning outcomes into course curriculum;
- Develop, facilitate and teach career courses and workshops in the classroom and across multiple modalities;
- Assess the relevancy and success of programming and events, leveraging trends, best practices and participant feedback to improve and enhance content and delivery;
- Serve as a subject matter expert on NACE Career Readiness competencies and the Five Step Career Development Model.
- Represent the CEC at various internal campus events, committees, and meetings as well as external conferences and meetings;
- Maintain current knowledge of professional trends, resources, issues and best practices in the career education field, attending professional meetings and/or conferences as applicable;
- Serve as product manager for selected third party online tools such as TruTalent, CareerSpots, etc.;
- Assist with website and resource content development and updates as needed.
Required Application Materials:
- Master's degree in Counseling, Higher Education, Student Affairs or related field strongly preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant professional experience preferred and/or combination of relevant graduate assistantship or internship experience
- Experience advising and coaching students in career services, preferably in a higher education setting;
- Previous training and experience with career assessment tools (e.g. MBTI, Clifton StrengthsFinder, etc.);
- Experience developing and facilitating workshops, training and/or presentations;
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal, and interpersonal;
- Previous experience with career curriculum development and delivery preferred;
- Ability to work with individuals across a broad range of identities and perspectives while fostering an inclusive and equitable environment.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Assistant-Director--Career-Education-Services_R05953
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |