University of Idaho
Administrative Financial Specialist
College of Natural Resources
$15.28 per hour or higher depending on experience
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the office of the Dean in the College of Natural Resources. The position will provide professional customer service; serve as a resource for faculty, staff, and students; and perform a variety of office and administrative functions. The position will provide accounting and budget management support ensuring the fiscal integrity of the College of Natural Resources; prepare and process financial transactions, provide budget review, maintenance and support; and interpret and implement university, college and department financial and administrative policies, rules, and procedures.
- Working independently and as part of a team
- Operating office equipment such as telephones, copiers, printers, computers and software
- Preparing business correspondence
- Using computers to enter, retrieve and edit financial data
- Working in a customer service environment
Bachelors degree in business, finance or related
- Working with financial operating systems such as BANNER, Argos or other systems to enter, retrieve and edit financial data
- Working in a higher education, public or governmental organizations
- Interpreting, applying and explaining policies and procedures / rules and regulations
- Balancing and coordinating a workload for multiple projects
- Standard accounting principles and budgeting procedures
- MS Office Suite or other similar office management software including intermediate to high-level user of MS Excel (pivot tables, macros, etc.)
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Proactive, strategic and detail-oriented approaches with a strong commitment to quality, efficiency and effectiveness
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
May occasionally require working a flexible schedule within a given week to meet unit deadlines.
Open Until Filled:
Position is open until filled. First consideration will be given to those who apply by April 19, 2020.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.