Custodian (Night Shift)
: Staff - Full-Time
Utah Valley University is accepting applications for a full-time custodian position. This position works under the direction of Custodial Services and performs custodial maintenance duties including dusting, mopping, finishing and buffing floors, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, and cleaning and restocking restrooms. Implements the safe use of hazardous chemicals and products and their disposal and the safe and proper way to handle blood and body fluid cleanup.
Schedule for this position is Monday - Friday 4:30 p.m. to 1:15 a.m.
Graduation from a standard senior high school or the equivalent AND any combination of post high school education and/or full-time paid experience related to the summary of duties, totaling six months.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of proper use and disposal of hazardous chemicals and products.
- Knowledge of body fluid cleanup and proper protection.
- Knowledge of proper radio communications.
- Knowledge of pest control.
- Knowledge of all floor types, such as terrazzo, cement, wood, vinyl, and ceramic tile as well as carpet fibers, weaves, and backings.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Basic computer and word processing skills.
- Ability to withstand strenuous and adverse working conditions.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform skilled custodial duties, equipment maintenance, and minor plumbing.
- Ability to learn and use new computer programs.
Considerable physical activity heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of job. Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions. Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$18,720 - $23,400
STA160518 Custodial Staff 05/27/2019
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Schedule for this position is Monday Friday 4:30 PM to 1:15 AM.
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of one reference. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/12717
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.