Custodian - Part-Time
Buildings & Events
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
WPI is looking for individuals who are interested in working part-time as Custodian. The position is Monday-Friday 20 hours a week. This position and will perform custodial functions in campus academic and non-academic buildings. This position is responsible for maintaining assigned areas in a neat, clean and sanitary manner.
The successful candidate needs to be able to work in a diverse environment with Students, Staff, Faculty and Visitors.
- Receives assignments in either a verbal or written form from a supervisor.
- Follows a routine schedule utilizing approved procedures.
- Maintains various flooring types; dusts and washes walls, partitions, windows; maintains bathroom, showers and other similar facilities.
- Removes trash and other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for unlocking and locking various interior and exterior building doors, as assigned.
- Operates power operated custodial equipment.
- Moves and relocates furniture, small equipment and belongings not characteristic of rigging.
- During winter, clears snow from steps and exits as assigned.
- For sponsored events, sets up, assists at and returns campus facilities to their original state of use.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 60 lbs.
- High School education required.
- Ability to use various types of cleaning equipment, both powered and non-powered.
- Successful candidates will need to pass a CORI check and Drivers Licenses Check.
WPI requires employees hired on or after July 14, 2021 to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19. For additional information on WPI's response to COVID-19, refer to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi opens new window" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2461255&targetURL=https://https//www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi]https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi.
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Custodian---Part-Time_R0001507
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.