The Director of Finance is an exciting leadership opportunity to manage financial functions within the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. The school is interested in recruiting a dynamic candidate who is committed to excellence in financial management which will assist in the decision making process of senior leadership. The ideal candidate will have excellent financial/accounting skills with a positive attitude and work ethic.
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Business Operations, this position’s responsibilities will include:
* Assist the AVP in daily decision-making and involvement in strategic planning activities.
* Engage in financial management functions including coordination of service centers, knowledge of account reconciliation, reporting, auditing and implementation of internal controls.
* Develop budgetary surveys for national medical associations including the AAMC and LCME.
* Support the AVP in data analysis, school-wide resource planning and annual budget process which includes 26 departments and 16 unit as well as assisting in the University Annual Resource Planning Process.
* Working cooperatively with department chairs and administrators, this position will play a key role in assistance in the development of operating budget and manage departmental dashboards which ensure open communication of all available funds.
* Oversee budgets and ensure expense accounts are not overspent, strategically using restricted and unrestricted accounts to JSMBS benefit.
* Manage yearly audit with accounting firm.
* Supervision of support staff.
Our Mission is to advance health and wellness across the life span for the people of New York and the world through the education of tomorrow’s leaders in health care and biomedical sciences, innovative research and outstanding clinical care. More information can be found at our website.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of experience or master’s degree or professional certification with 1 year of experience