Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Stock Control Clerk
This is an academic year position.
Tufts Dining is a self-operated food service provider managing a comprehensive collegiate dining program on the Tufts University Medford/Somerville and SMFA/Fenway campus, delivering high quality, contemporary and innovative food, and hospitality services to meet the various needs of students, staff, faculty, administrators, and visitors in a fiscally responsible manner. Our team provides a progressive resident dining program as well as innovative retail services, and a distinctive university catering program serving a campus community comprised of 6000 undergraduates, 2100 graduate students, and 2300 staff, faculty and administrators.
What You'll Do
The Stock Control Clerk is an hourly leadership position responsible for accurately and carefully checking-in and properly storing all food, beverages, supplies, and equipment delivered to a dining facility according to established unit and departmental receiving guidelines and for transporting goods to appropriate storage areas in a safe, orderly, and timely manner.
- They rotate stock using FIFO guidelines and maintain all storage areas including refrigerators and freezers in a neat, orderly, safe, and sanitary manner.
- They prepare and transport goods to food production and service areas as required, and stock shelves and service refrigerators and freezers and delivery
vehicles as needed.
- They keep all receiving areas, storage areas, including refrigerators and freezers and delivery vehicles clean, organized and sanitary.
- This position is also closely tied to opening the operation and involves stocking items.
- They also will complete general cleaning duties such as floor care, ware washing, and minor equipment maintenance as needed.
- Adhere to industry accepted safe food handling guidelines, ensure received and stored goods are safe and secure from loss and maintain a safe work area following generally accepted workplace safety rules.
- Conduct weekly physical inventory as part of a two-person team.
- Act as a role model for student employees and able to give them clear direction as needed.
- Will be willing and able to operate delivery vehicles and make product deliveries as assigned.
- The Stock Control Clerk may coordinate the work of Receivers, Drivers, Delivery Workers, General Workers and/or assigned temporary staff in the unit as it pertains to the delivery, receiving, storage or handling of products, the accounting of goods in/out of the facilities and/or the sanitation and safety of the units.
- The Stock Control Clerk will ensure all food service sanitation and workplace safety guidelines applicable to the receiving and storage of food products are consistently followed.
- The Stock Control Clerk may make deliveries directly to customers for catering purposes as needed.
- The Stock Control Clerk will be responsible for verifying and accounting for high value/high risk inventory items (especially fresh meats and alcoholic
beverages) and will ensure all receiving documentation is completed and filed accurately.
- They will serve as the dock safety steward with responsibility for ensuring a safe and secure work environment on the assigned loading dock and for the operation of any unit delivery vehicles by assisting management with safety and security inspections and training, correcting minor unsafe or insecure conditions, and reporting more significant safety or security concerns to management in a timely manner for resolution.
- This is a food service position and other food service-related tasks may be required in support of the operations.
What We're Looking For
- 5 years' experience working in a high volume, fast-paced, food service operation.
- Valid MA driver's license with no restrictions.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written directions precisely and interact assertively with vendors' delivery drivers to refuse goods or adjust invoices as needed.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision in a logical, efficient and productive manner.
- Must possess the ability to read and comprehend ordering and receiving documents, vendor invoices and other forms and reports.
- Must have working knowledge of food service weights and measures, kitchen terminology and basic math.
- Tufts Dining is a hospitality-oriented service provider, all employees must be customer service sensitive.
- Leadership experience.
- Experience receiving food service goods and supplies.
- Experience making deliveries, especially of food products.
- Hospitality or customer service experience.
- Understanding of food service sanitation especially as it applies to receiving and storage.
- GED or High school diploma
The pay rate for this position is $20.95 / hour.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |