Tufts Center for Study of Drug Development is an academic, multi-disciplinary non-profit research center based within the Tufts University School of Medicine in downtown Boston. Tufts CSDD conducts grant-funded empirical research on drug development trends, strategies, practices and outcomes, provides educational programs and information to help drug developers, regulators, and policy makers improve the quality and efficiency of pharmaceutical development, review, and utilization.
Responsible for processing the center’s grant awards and financial administrative activity (e.g., invoicing and collections, payables, requisitions and procurement, expense reporting and reimbursement, financial reporting; vendor payments; monitors staff time, vacation, sick and personal days).
What You'll Do
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years related experience. Experience using Microsoft Excel and performing basic accounting and financial tracking and reporting
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel
- Comfortable with virtual meeting platforms
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Experience working in an academic institution setting entering, processing and tracking financial data and information
- Rudimentary knowledge of accounting
- Comfort level handling multiple projects simultaneously
What We're Looking For
- Prepare and present financial reports – including budgets, historical statements and forecasts
- Monitor CSDD’s financial performance
- Process grant awards using the University financial systems
- Prepare and send Invoices
- Enter and process payables and collections
- Enter and process faculty and staff travel costs, and expense reimbursements
- Process credit card transactions/purchases
- Process contractor, freelancer and vendor payments
- Process subscription orders, report purchases and credits
- Process registrations for professional development programs
- Handle all entries into university systems (e.g., requisition, procurement, grant management, travel cost and financial management)
Minimum $46,700.00, Midpoint $58,450.00, Maximum $70,200.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.