The Office of the Vice Provost for International Education
is seeking an experienced Financial Administrator
. The Financial Administrator will be International Education’s subject matter expert in managing international payments and will be the primary administrative liaison for UB’s education abroad program travelers.
The Financial Administrator’s responsibilities will include:
- Serving as a liaison with UB’s central business offices and with faculty and staff engaged in international activities
- Reviewing and authorizing financial transactions for a portfolio of departmental accounts; maintaining and reconciling accounts
- Managing payments for overseas programs, and working with travelers to manage complex expense advances and reimbursements
- Supporting student scholarship and fellowship payments
- Managing tuition remission for incoming international exchange students and inter-university tuition transfers for education abroad participants
- Helping prepare department, project-level and fee-for service budgets, and billing for departmental services
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to support projects related to fiscal management and process improvement
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
UB’s Office of International Education
connects UB with the world, fostering a globally competent university community whose international engagement is informed and impactful
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s Degree and two years of directly related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience must include work experience related to one or more of the areas of budgeting, expense management, scholarship management, or international travel activities.
Strong verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to effectively communicate financial principles to non-specialists.
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, and an ability to accurately manage complex and detail-oriented processes.
An awareness of or an ability to learn about international perspectives, and processes that apply to managing international education business activities.
Ability to use or learn a wide range of computer application and systems. A facility with using Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel, Outlook, and Word, and with financial information systems.
Work experience in a US higher education setting.
Experience using University at Buffalo systems that apply to position responsibilities, such as SIRI, HUB, UB’s Scholarship Portal, and Concur Expense or similar systems.