Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions (RMUoHP) is a rapidly growing, regionally accredited, graduate healthcare institution located in beautiful Provo, Utah. RMUoHP values being Learning-Centered, Authentic, Collaborative, Evidence-Based, Service-Oriented, Inclusive, and Trustworthy. These core values contribute to our unique and family-oriented university culture.
The Mission of RMUoHP is to educate current and future healthcare professionals for outcomes-oriented, evidence-based practice. The University demonstrates mission fulfillment through the quality of its education and success of its students in academic programs that develop leaders skilled in clinical inquiry and prepared to effect healthcare change.
POSITION PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Lead IT Support Technician’s primary roles include modeling excellence in IT support service, mentoring other IT support technicians, and providing expertise as a secondary point of contact when faculty, staff, and students request support. The lead technician will bring significant value to the University through experience and education. This position requires exceptional customer service and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. This is a full-time, on-campus position.
The Lead IT Support Technician will also have opportunities to work with others on Networking projects, SSO SAML connections, Windows Deployment Services, Virtualization, Disaster Recovery Planning, IP-Based phone systems, Network Security with an emphasis on Email Security, and more.
- Provide technical service to all faculty, staff, and students on and off-campus
- Effectively manage the resolution of escalated tickets, collaborating with IT administrators when appropriate
- Mentor IT Technicians by providing ongoing coaching of efficient troubleshooting skills and technical abilities
- Lead the IT Support Technicians by example by demonstrating quick ticket resolution with exceptional customer service skills
- Ensure classrooms and study areas are set up correctly and troubleshoot A/V issues
- Work assigned tickets through the University ticketing system
- Enter tickets as needed for required/completed work
- Troubleshoot wired and wireless network connections
- Maintain user permissions for file share access
- Assist in the creation and management of student accounts
- Assist in Active Directory administration
- Assist in management of G Suite, Okta, and Office365 platforms and their suite of applications
- Manage the University’s printers and toner supplies
- Participate in the University’s assessment and continuous improvement processes
- Other duties as assigned
The individual filling this position must be able to carry out each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The ideal incumbent will have the requirements listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and Certification:
∙ BS in IT or similar degree preferred
∙ Demonstrate desire for continuous learning through self-study and/or formal education
∙ Google Workspace & Microsoft Office
∙ Basic understanding of SSO
∙ Active Directory Authentication
∙ Audio/Video system integrations and maintenance
∙ Advanced working knowledge of Windows
∙ Advanced working knowledge of Mac OS
∙ 3+ years in corporate/education environment
Required Skills and Abilities:
∙ Must be able to quickly research and solve technology problems
∙ Must be available to work evenings and weekends on occasion
∙ Must be able to lift 50 lbs
∙ Must possess a valid driver’s license, insurance, and personal vehicle
Preferred Knowledge and Certifications:
∙ Certifications in A+ and/or MTA/MCP, Network+, Cloud+, Google Workspace, Okta, Jamf preferred
RMUoHP offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees that includes:
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Medical and dental insurance reimbursement program
- HSA matching program
- FSA accounts
- 401(k) matching program
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Vacation accruals for administrative positions, and paid time off for faculty positions
- Two floating holidays including a cultural and diversity appreciation day
- Tuition reimbursement and employee tuition discount programs
- Allocations for professional development
- Wellness and Mental Health resources
- And more!
Job Type: Full Time
Pay Range: Commensurate with experience
The University is located in Utah with easy access to hiking trails, world-renowned ski resorts, national parks, zip lines, and more!