The Communications & Project Coordinator
is responsible for developing, editing, managing and implementing content across various communications channels, digital platforms and initiatives for the Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development
) Office. The successful candidate is highly motivated, creative and eager to learn; thrives in a fast-paced, enterprising environment; has a passion for storytelling and demonstrates sharp organizational and project management skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with subject matter experts to develop high quality content for internal and external audiences, including newsletters, talking points, web content, presentations, and social media posts.
- Assisting with the implementation of core marketing and communications objectives.
- Drafting internal business communications and managing institutional email accounts and lists.
- Coordinating with the AVP’s regarding communications with SUNY, Research Foundation, and University leadership.
- Managing various communications initiatives and ensuring timely follow-up on information requests.
- Establish sustainable project management procedures (checklists, proof, approvals, implementation activities)
- Coordinating editorial calendars and content strategy for various digital platforms.
- Supporting the AVP’s in the implementation of strategic initiatives with multiple stakeholders and deliverables.
The incumbent will work collaboratively with university communication leaders, other marketing colleagues and will be a vital team member in a highly supportive environment.
The Communications & Project Coordinator will collaborate with faculty, researchers, and university leadership administrative professionals daily. Therefore, discretion, tact, and a knowledge of university etiquette for interacting with faculty and university leadership are essential.
The Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development and its constituent units guide and support the university’s research enterprise as well as its economic development and entrepreneurial activities. It advocates on behalf of researchers, manages compliance and process, and nurtures innovation within the institution and the community.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.