Building & Grounds (Maintenance & Housekeeping)
Posting Closing Date:
February 24, 2023
Please note that the posting will close at midnight (12:00 AM) on the posting closing date.
This means any applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM the evening before.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
The work involves responsibility for the safe and conscientious care and operation of a truck, van or other motor vehicle. Work is performed under the supervision of a higher-ranking employee. Supervision is not a responsibility of this class. Does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Operates a truck, van or other vehicle to transport materials, passengers, and equipment to designated locations;
- Loads and unloads vehicle;
- Performs minor repairs, checks and replenishes gas, oil, and water;
- Washes and cleans vehicle, changes tires and lubricates vehicle;
- Changes plow blades and shoes, as required;
- Checks shipping and receiving lists to ensure that all items shipped are accounted for;
- Maintains records such as mileage, gas and oil consumption, accidents, and repairs;
- Plows snow and is responsible for the vehicle and actions of helper when sanding, plowing and shoveling snow;
- Performs vehicle inspection prior to and after operation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Selected candidates must be able to demonstrate awareness and sensitivity towards promoting an inclusive and diverse learning environment;
- Good knowledge of the operation and maintenance of motor vehicles;
- Ability to make minor repairs and adjustments to light or medium weight trucks and vans;
- Ability to prepare routine activity reports;
- Ability to assist in loading and unloading vehicles;
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions;
- Skill in the operation of vans and trucks;
- Physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
One (1) year of working experience involving the operation of a truck or other automotive vehicle; and possession of a New York State Motor Vehicle Operator's License.
Possession of a New York State Commercial Driver's License (CDL) appropriate for Class of vehicle operated.
Official transcripts will be required for successful candidates within 30 days of hire.
Days and Hours are M-F, 7am - 3 pm.
Contact Human Resources at (716) 851-1840 with any questions.
Our mission to offer quality education includes exposing our students to a diverse range of cultures, experiences and expertise. At SUNY Erie Community College, we value diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
SUNY Erie Community College does not discriminate in admission, employment, or in the administration of any of its policies and programs on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, familial status, military status, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics, veteran status, criminal conviction, or any other characteristics protected by law. This applies to all students, applicants or other members of the College community (including, but not limited to, vendors and visitors). Grievance procedures are available to interested persons by contacting the Civil Rights Compliance Officer listed below. Retaliation against a person who files a complaint, serves as a witness, or assists or participates in the investigation of a complaint in any manner is strictly prohibited.
The following individual has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s non-discrimination policies:
Civil Rights Compliance Officer
Cynthia Buckley, VP of HR, Equity & Inclusion
Human Resource Department
4041 Southwestern Blvd.
Orchard Park, NY 14127
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, please contact:
New York Office
United States Department of Education
Office for Civil Rights, 32 Old Slip 26th Floor,
New York, N.Y., 10005-25010;
Tel (646) 428-3800; Email: OCR.NewYork@ed.gov.