Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Patrol Officer I
Patrol Officer I
502-Public Safety Department
The Patrol Officer I maintains safety, enforces university rules and regulations, and protects life and property within the University community. Primarily responsible for staffing fixed posts, following established operating procedures to control access to restricted areas on campus. Occasionally conducts patrols of the campus on foot, vehicle, or bicycle, responding to general calls for service and preparing written reports of activities. Locks and unlocks buildings based on a pre-determined schedule or when dispatched to do so.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Staffs any number of fixed posts on campus, controlling access to campus based on established protocols. Greets visitors, students, and employees in a friendly professional manner.
- Respond to routine calls for service. Provide escorts for students, faculty, and staff as requested; provide transportation as needed; assist ill or injured persons as needed. Assists in the emergency evacuation of buildings or areas.
- Prepare written reports of work performed.
- Enforces campus parking regulations; checks for valid vehicular parking stickers and permits. Issues tickets as needed or directed; alerts supervisors to traffic hazards or violations that could result in a vehicle being towed and/or booted.
- Staffs special event assignments, including athletic competitions, homecoming and commencement.
- Regularly attends training and participate in Departmental meetings. Assumes an active role in University and Departmental quality improvement efforts.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have the ability to become certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Must possess valid drivers license and must be an approved University driver in accordance with the Universitys Motor Vehicle Record Policy for Drivers of University Vehicles.
- Knowledge of safety and security practices in a college setting.
- 1 years of experience in a security, police, EMS or fire setting. Comparable duties in the military accepted.
- Understanding of written instructions.
- Ability to prepare written reports of activities.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Good decision making and judgment.
- Ability to effectively interact with members of the University community including people from diverse ethnic, cultural, and religious backgrounds.
- Strong service orientation. Two-way radio, cellular phone, patrol vehicle, fire and burglar alarm systems, digital camera, hand-held parking ticket unit, PC and laptop computers, and fire extinguishers.
Special Message to Applicants
- Tools, machinery and equipment used: Patrol vehicle, computer, fire extinguisher, digital camera, two-way radio, PC and laptop computer.
- Environmental conditions: (any unusual/adverse conditions such as exposure to chemicals, noise, illumination, air quality, weather exposure etc.) Work in outdoor as well as indoor venues year-round.
- At times, environmental conditions are poor in terms of exposure to weather or extreme heat or cold during normal shifts, as well as during special
details and events.
- Physical requirements: (items such as lifting, pushing, pulling, standing or sitting for extended periods of time, manual dexterity, walking etc.) Must be willing to work overtime details as needed or assigned. Ability to work round the clock shift-work. Walking for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours per day); running; lifting pulling, pushing, and carrying up to 50 lbs alone and over 100 lbs. with assistance; bending, kneeling, and squatting. Both gross and fine motor skills are needed, as well as visual, hearing, speaking, touching, tasting, and smelling sensory skills.
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information:
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/15809
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |