Auburn University Business and Finance seeks candidates for a Manager, Cash Management position. Reporting to the Director, Cash Management, this position assists in the oversight and management of accounting and cash management for Auburn University. Oversees the operational cash flow of the of Auburn University and its foundations and associates, including Auburn University Foundation, the Auburn Alumni Association, Tigers Unlimited Foundation, the Auburn University Real Estate Foundation and Auburn Research and Technology Foundation. to provide liquidity with maximum return within the guidelines of Auburn University.
At Auburn, our work changes lives. Learn more about Auburn’s impact, as well as generous employee benefits and opportunities by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
1. Assist in maintaining sufficient liquidity for normal operations and assist in maximizing investment income by assisting with investing excess cash for Auburn University and related entities consistent with individual board approved cash pool investment policies.
2. Assist in daily cash settlement and assist in monitoring daily bank account balances and
3. Maintains accounts through documentation, compilation, reconciliation, analysis of financial
information, and preparation of journal entries; researches and resolves outstanding items on
4. Administers the in-house investment accounting software for all Cash Pool Investments and
performs monthly pricing of investments
5. Posts all purchases, maturities, sales, and interest payments in a timely manner.
6. Prepares, executes, and supervises domestic and international bank wires and online foreign
exchange payments; manages the interfund transfer system and treasury management system. Maintains and cultivates banking relationships.
7. Authorizes financial documents which report income, acquisition and disposal of securities, and
various other transactions.
8. Evaluates, develops, and recommends improvements to accounting practices, systems, policies
and procedures related to cash management and treasury . Recommends items for strategic
planning, including foreign exchange management and financing.
9. Prepares charts, graphs, and reports for internal and/or external use; conducts and participates in audits to ensure regulatory compliance. Applies financial perspective and analysis for business
decisions. Assists with the preparation of annual treasury budget.
10. Assumes Director’s responsibilities in the absence of the Director.
11.May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Education and Experience
Education Level Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
Field of Study
Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management.