Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
University of San Francisco
The Procurement Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive administrative and logistical support within the office of Purchasing & Ancillary Services (PAAS). This position performs moderately complex tasks requiring daily interpretation of University policies and procedures with an emphasis on those concerning PAAS, Accounts Payable, University Budget and Data Management. Works under minimal supervision. Utilizing the University's eProcurement system, this position will perform daily operational procurement tasks, as well as understand and use other modules related to the source-to-pay lifecycle.
Full Job Description:
- Responsible for all phases of university procurement in assigned areas including, but not limited to, pricing research for goods & services upon request, maintaining accurate purchasing records, screening incoming requisitions to ensure required due diligence is performed to ensure accurate and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Performs daily procurement activities in the University's eProcurement system, Jaggaer.
- Serves as the office's first point-of-contact for eProcurement communications as it relates to the different modules covered by the eProcurement system
- Supports administrative operations (i.e. managing monthly summary bills, fielding communications to internal departments where appropriate)
- Supports management in contract initiatives and maintenance as it relates to the contract module (Total Contract Management)
- Supports management in complex or project-based procurement initiatives (i.e. participate in RFx preparation and process) related to the eProcurement sourcing module (Sourcing Director)
- Cross-trained in multiple areas of PAAS including, but not limited to, Vending Program, Vehicle Program, Central Receiving, Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment (FF&E) as it relates to Ergo Program, and the Printing and Duplication program.
- Hires, supervises and trains student Coordinators.
- May supervise and train OA VI staff
- Determines procedures, methods and policy applications required for the Central Receiving, Vending, Vehicle & Copy Programs
- Provides logistical support for deliveries and makes sure vendors comply with University policy
- Design, present and organize user trainings/tutorials and documentation for end users of the eProcurement system
- Coordinates the planning and execution of meetings, seminars, and events including preparing and distributing agendas and scribing meeting minutes.
- Maintains and updates the Purchasing website
- Provides guidance and interpretation of University policies and procedures to colleagues, students, and outside constituents.
- Works collaboratively and establishes effective working relationships. Uses tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgement to provide excellent customer service.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Post high school education is preferred.
- 5 years of office work experience. Procurement experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in either, Strategic Sourcing, FF&E or a Higher Education setting is preferred.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and tech savvy.
- Functional knowledge of accounting, financial record keeping, methods & practices. Perform mathematical calculations with speed & accuracy.
- Must be able to draw reasonable conclusions utilizing large sets of data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and other computer software such as Qtrak, Docusign, and the Google Office Suite.
- Proficient in Apple & Windows operating systems.
- Must be highly service-oriented.
- Capable of meeting deadlines and working independently.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends when requested.
- Attendance at work and punctuality is an essential function of this position.
- Previous supervisory experience.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Procurement-Assistant_R0002983.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |