Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Starting salary range of $55,000 - $65,000 is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, C43. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Assessment & Accreditation
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position works collaboratively with administrative and faculty leadership teams to provide training and coaching in the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of face-to-face, online, and hybrid course delivery methodologies. Coordinate, facilitate, and provide online course development services and faculty training.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with faculty to enhance courses in face-to-face, hybrid, and online formats.
- Provide hands-on instruction assisting faculty in development of course materials, assignments, and interactive activities for hybrid or online courses.
- Work with divisions to increase their online presence with quality hybrid and online courses.
- Train faculty in course design and online instruction; mentor faculty in the effective use of an online learning management system (LMS) for delivery of face-to-face, hybrid, and online instruction.
- Assist the Faculty Professional Development Committee and Distance Education Committee in providing workshops on active learning techniques.
- Implement faculty development programming to support campus goals and objectives.
- Foster collaborative partnerships with academic units, faculty leaders, and individual faculty in the design and planning of courses, learning environments, and experimental learning.
- Design and conduct faculty development programs, including faculty learning communities, workshops, and seminars.
- Engage in professional development and conduct research on educational technology. Research current trends, issues, and developments with instructional design and innovative pedagogies. Share results and information with faculty.
- Conduct live and online training in various educational topics for faculty and staff.
- Develop and facilitate Blackboard training for faculty and students.
- Facilitate the Lee College Teaching Online Certification course for faculty.
- Manage the Center for Innovation and Improvement, a location where faculty and staff gather for group and individualized training on instructional delivery and student engagement.
- Support the value of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity, and service to the College.
- Support the Director of Innovation and Improvement Department.
- Work with faculty to ensure content accessibility in compliance with Section 508, WCAG 2.1, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Masters (or higher) degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or related degree
- Three (3) years of instructional design or related experience
- Demonstrated experience with learning management systems
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of accessibility compliance standards and Universal Design principles in designing and delivering learning in various formats
- Experience working with diverse populations to achieve goals
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Two (2) years of teaching higher education online
- Experience with Blackboard
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work.
(Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6196
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |