Manager - Guest Services, UCCU
: Staff - Full-Time
Responsible for the UCCU Center Guest Services and Concessions departments. Under the direction of the UCCU Center Director: plans, organizes, coordinates, and executes all processes to ensure success and self-sufficiency. Responsible for the management and development of part-time Guest Service and Concessions employees while striving for minimal labor costs through streamlined processes.. Plans and implements training and safety procedures. Manages all Food and Beverage in the UCCU Center and the UCCU Ballpark. Ultimately accountable for the customer experience and success of catered events. Responsible for the entire purchasing process including; meeting with vendors, reviewing contracts, and maintaining purchased equipment. Oversees the inventory management process with an emphasis on continuous workflow and proper storage procedures. Implements and ensures proper food safety and sanitation standards in line with HACCP standards and oversees the physical upkeep of facilities. Involved in the complexities of day-to-day operational, service-related problems, and other duties as needed to ensure the success of the UCCU Center Concessions and Guest Services department as a whole. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelors degree plus three to five years of related experience, OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the Summary of Duties totaling at least seven years.
ServSafe Manager License
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Must have knowledge and experience in modern computer applications including Microsoft Office, Databases, and Social Media platforms.
* Must have knowledge and experience in food preparation, menu planning, cost computation, comparative buying, and inventory control.
* Must have knowledge of Health Department requirements, proper food handling practices, and food preparation.
* Must have knowledge in daily cash operations and cash handling.
* Must have a good understanding of large event management, and multi event coordination.
* Must have the skills to read and interpret fractions, weight measurements utilized in the restaurant food and beverages production (metric and pounds), as well as temperature measurements.
* Must be skilled in multiplying and calculating customers service checks, beverages, and food inventory values.
* Must be able to understand P&L reports, cost of goods, and payroll reports.
* Must be familiar with the math equations involved in food and beverages costs.
* Must be skilled in writing business proposals, preparing financial statements, and developing operations manuals.
* Must have the ability to plan, organize, manage, supervise and direct the activities for UCCU Center Guest Services and Food and Beverage.
* Must possess the ability to solve practical problems and work with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Must have the ability to interpret and act on a variety of instructions which may be furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, co-workers, customers, and the general public.
* Must have the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, both written and orally.
* Must be able to meet and work with public, employees, co-workers, volunteers and management staff in a clear, professional and courteous manner.
* Ability to plan, organize and implement sales and publicity campaigns.
* Must be able to work well in a team-oriented, fast paced, event driven environment.
Graduation from an accredited Institution of higher learning with a Bachelors degree in Hospitality management.
Trained Crowd Manager
Must be able to climb, bend, twist, kneel, occasionally crawl, lift over 50 pounds, and able to continuously talk, see, and hear.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$35,979 - $44,973 annually
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date. Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/23527
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.