Mechanic - Aircraft Maintenance
: Staff - Full-Time
Now is the right time to join the Wolverine Pack! Utah Valley University, ranks in the top 10 America's Best Employers by State in the state of Utah.
UVU is seeking an Aircraft Mechanic to perform testing, adjusting and repairing, and other general tasks related to the maintenance and repair of the aircraft systems and components on a variety of air frames in a safe and clean work environment according to manufacturer's specifications, UVU Aviation Science Repair Station (CFR Part 145) approved /accepted procedures and specifications. In addition, this position prepares and completes appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent and completion of two years of education from an accredited institution from a recognized trade school plus two years apprenticeship experience related to the Summary of Duties and A&P licenses (Airframe and Powerplant).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understands and interprets approved documentation, aircraft inspection programs and federal regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of CFR part 145 and 43.
- Knowledge of Instructional strategies and techniques.
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations, including Parts 61 and 141.
- Knowledge of standard pilot training practices and all applicable information
- Knowledge required to demonstrate competence in the privileges of the pilot and instructor certificates held by the applicant.
- Ability to repair and maintain Lycoming, Austro AE300, and Continental engines.
- Ability to repair and maintain DA20, DA40, and DA42 aircraft.
- Ability to handle hazardous materials.
- Ability to lift or pull objects weighing as much as 70 pounds.
- Ability to work in awkward positions and occasionally on scaffolds or ladders.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in working with people in a team
environment as well in aircraft maintenance and safety
Ability to maintain safety standards and work in stressful situations.
- Ability to work out doors and sometimes in unpleasant/inclement weather.
*Ability to verify compliance with FAA regulations, flight directives, inspections, and accompanying paperwork and records.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in confined spaces when inspecting and repairing aircraft.
Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; climbing, kneeling, crawling, reaching, standing, bending/stooping; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of job.
Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$39,872 to $49,840
STA177918 Aviation Flight Operations Staff
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Please include 3 references in the application. References may be contacted at any time during the search process.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/13866
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.