Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Assistant Director of Campus Life - Office for Campus Life
The Office for Campus Life (OCL) coordinates a wide range of services to support the whole student. The Office for Campus Life serves as a resource for life outside of the classroom, promoting and encouraging a healthy balance between curricular and co-curricular experiences and opportunities. The staff of the Office for Campus Life is responsible for student leadership development, campus programming, student organization advising and mentoring, as well as the daily operations of the Mayer Campus Center and other affiliate spaces. The Office for Campus Life takes a leadership role in the planning and implementation of New Student Orientation.
What You'll Do
The Assistant Director of Campus Life – Student Organizations will primarily be responsible for the Office for Campus Life’s operations in managing and supporting over 350 student organizations representing the AS&E undergraduate population and the GSAS graduate student organizations. The Assistant Director will be responsible for JumboLife, the student engagement platform, and serve as a contact to the vendor, Modern Campus. Responsibilities include daily management, student organization registration, data analysis, communications, and reporting, as well as event approval and advising.
The Assistant Director of Campus Life:
- Has oversight for 350+ student organizations in all aspects of event planning, coordination, and implementation.
- Advises student organizations by offering regular training and leadership opportunities.
- Manages all aspects of JumboLife, the student engagement platform, for all undergraduate student organizations, GSAS student organizations and several University departments using the platform. This responsibility includes:
- Annual communications plan for student organizations including monthly memos and website updates
- Student organization annual registration
- New Student Organization recognition
- Student organization Reserve Tufts access
- Event/program planning, coordination, implementation, and approvals
- JumboLife data analysis and reporting to support the OCL and DOSA strategic plan
- Oversee the development of campus wide use of JumboLife including training and developing University departments use
- Collaborate with DOSA communications team to provide event information, student organization information, JumboDigest messages and updating JumboLife homepage with campus wide announcements
- Oversee continual development and utilization of new platform features
- Serves as an administrative contact to vendor, Modern Campus.
- Has oversight for annual Student Organizations Fair (fall and winter) and spring Student Organizations Awards process and ceremony.
- Has oversight for student organization development by offering regular training and leadership opportunities including leader transition/onboarding workshops.
- Advises/mentors the TCU Student Government with Director of Campus Life. Directly advises TCU Judiciary (TCUJ) and oversees annual new student organization and Re-recognition processes. Directly advises ECOM, Elections Commission and oversees annual student government elections. Advises student governance organizations on event management and planning.
- Has oversight for OCL contacts and liaison with the following:
- All cultural student organizations including CityWide event advisor
- GSC, Graduate Student Council, and all GSC organizations.
- MFA(School of Museum of Fine Arts) Student Affairs in supporting SMFA student organizations.
- DOSA, (Division of Student Affairs) in supporting special events as needed in response to unplanned situations or emergencies, ex. Town Halls.
- Office of Community Standards. Using various student life data sources, assess student engagement trends and provide programmatic and training recommendations to meet the changing needs of the student body.
- Serves as a member of the OCL staff and assists with the daily operation of the OCL Office, including attending meetings, trainings, retreats, as well as assisting as an administrative presence at many major campus events
- Serves as part of Dean of Student Affairs Dean on Call rotation.
- Directly supervises Student Organization Graduate Assistant.
What We're Looking For
Knowledge and experience typically acquired by:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline with 3+ years’ related work experience.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education or related field and experience in campus activities or student affairs administration preferred.
- Experience planning campus events and advising and supervising students.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills.
- Understanding of and commitment to issues of cultural diversity and college student development.
- Demonstrated leadership, advisory, organization, and management skills.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |