Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Print Production Manager (7459U), University Development and Alumni Relations - 34755
University of California, Berkeley
Print Production Manager (7459U), University Development and Alumni Relations - 34755
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) strengthens Berkeley's excellence through engagement with alumni, parents, undergraduate and graduate students, and friends of the University, raising public awareness about Berkeley and increasing private philanthropy. UDAR provides overall direction for the campus' philanthropic advancement strategies and works to strengthen unit development in partnership with campus fundraisers. The Division handles a range of central activities and services encompassing communications, stewardship, prospect development, gift management, and more.
A full-service professional team, External Relations and Marketing Communications in UDAR delivers donor-centered and integrated editorial, design, digital, event, and logistical solutions to inspire philanthropy and engage UC Berkeley donors, alumni, parents, and students.
External Relations serves and engages the university's external and internal constituencies through programs, events, awards, and services. They also advise the university community on all matters of protocol, including visits by high-ranking government officials, the UC Office of the President, Regents, and other dignitaries.
Marketing Communications produces digital, multimedia, print donor materials; creates strategies for external-facing marketing and communications, media, and social media; develops fundraising messaging, talking points, slide decks; write proposals, concept proposals, gift acknowledgements, direct mail; and creates flexible campaign brand identity and language resources to build custom pieces.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: May 13, 2022.
Production and vendor management
- Serves as campus-wide subject matter expert in the matter of communications production management.
- Manages day-to-day production operations towards the goal of timely, cost-effective completion of quality deliverables as well as brand adherence.
- Reviews quotes from multiple equivalent vendors for each job, with an eye to accuracy and price comparison and consistency.
- Tracks vendor performance and thoroughly researches and selects new vendors to supply supplementary services or replace current underperforming vendors.
- Administrative responsibilities include verifying credit card and financial paperwork as well as arranging payments of vendors, services, and subscriptions.
Project consulting and management
- Collaborates with supervisor, traffic manager, designers, and editors to effectively produce visual materials that meet and satisfy the needs of the partner-client.
- Analyzes and adjusts schedules and assignments to take into account unanticipated priority projects, such as multi-million dollar rush proposals, in order to keep scheduled deliverables on track.
- Other possible duties may include managing freelance workers, exchanging staff days off, delaying project(s) that have buffer time, or reassignment of jobs across available staff.
Project planning and operations
- Partners with supervisor and traffic manager to increase department's workstream efficiency, refine and maintain project management best practices, and forecast resource allocation.
- Attends design meetings and works closely with senior director of visual communications and designers to increase communication and coordination between teams.
- Attends classes and workshops and proposes stretch assignments.
- Exceptional skills in negotiating partner-client needs and vendor requirements/pricing.
- Exceptional project consulting and management skills to ensure operations are running smoothly and deadlines can be met effectively.
- Advanced skills in interpersonal communications to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse partner-client population, staff, and vendors.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable publishing software applications.
- Advanced skills in originating and maintaining databases for desktop publishing and image storage.
- Advanced skills in interpersonal communication to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse client population, staff and vendors.
- Ability to synthesize and operationalize ideas.
- Excellent team collaboration and interpersonal communications skills, including active listening, facilitation, conflict resolution, and political acumen.
- Bachelors degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
Salary & Benefits
- This is a full-time (40 hours/week), exempt, career position, eligible for full UC benefits.
- This is an exempt, monthly paid position. The annual salary is commensurate with experience within the range of $62,300.00 - $119,100.00.
- For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=34755&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |