The Division of Digital Strategy and Innovation is responsible for leading the university in the areas of educational technology, online and blended initiatives, and digital learning research serving students and faculty both on-campus and at a distance. Digital Strategy and Innovation collaborates with faculty, staff, and students across UNT’s academic and administrative units to ensure a world-class, 21st century institution, redefining public higher education through cutting-edge experimentation where the science of learning is the fulcrum that enables innovative, omnichannel, lifelong education for the North Texas community and learners across the globe.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide end-user support for instructional technologies used in the classroom. Duties include but are not limited to, training faculty (1 on 1) or in groups on effective use of DSI CLEAR supported instructional technologies, communicating with faculty concerning the rollout of new versions of supported software, serves as the primary contact for supported learning technologies, and collects data on usage for future improvements.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and three years of work experience in computing, information systems, or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to design, code, test and install complex computer programs based on technical specifications using standard development tools.
- Proficient understanding of relational database, client-server concepts, and computer programming, and understanding of all phases of the application
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel).
- Certifications in supported technologies.
- Excellent organization, teamwork, problem-solving, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to work well with people in all levels of the organization.