Hall Director (Job S#327)
Posting Date: July 25, 2022 Posting End Date: October 25, 2022
Position: Residence Hall Directors Department: Housing and Residence Life
Status: Full time
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University Becoming "One Tuskegee", the ideal Residence Hall Directors will possess the willingness to use their expertise in transforming Tuskegee into a leading 21st century living and learning environment.
- Participate in assigned after-hours/weekend/holiday on-call duties on a rotational basis to address any student emergency.
- Advise students and collaborates with the appropriate departments to create a living and learning community to enrich the students’ University experience.
- Supervise 3-12 resident assistants over 1-2 buildings, plan and implement 3 educational programs each semester.
- Provide crisis intervention to residents, and they assesses nature of problems and resolves or refers for resolution.
- Conduct investigations of alleged violations of University and residence policies, holds meetings, interviews participants, determines degree/seriousness of violations, and follows University student conduct policy.
- Develop and implement residential learning community programs and initiatives; assists with student development operations.
- Advise the hall council
- Participate in staff recruitment, selection, orientation, in-service programs and performance evaluation.
- Participate in campus committees and assist in campus retention efforts
- Plan a minimum of one Housing & Residence Life in-service each semester.
- Assist in hall security efforts.
- Other work-related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have strong communications skills along with the ability and interest to work with a diverse student population.
Bachelor’s degree, with some residence life work experience and /or supervisory experience.
Master’s degree in a related field and residence life experience.
Commensurate with education, training and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
Applications are available at the following link:
Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.
Must be able to pass a background check.