Specialist - ATC Production Lab
: Staff - Full-Time
The position for Specialist - ATC Production Lab supports UVU's inclusive mission by ensuring print, braille, web, and audio materials are accessible to the campus.
This position reports directly to the Coordinator of Assistive Technology. Frequently meets with students, faculty, and staff and provides a high level of customer service. Provides support in the production of alternative text which includes, but is not limited to, braille, web braille, daisy format, and tactile graphics.
Provides ADA - Assistive Technology support and assessment for UVU faculty and staff as needed. Occasionally will assist Coordinator in sending out materials and contacting publishers.
Graduation from a regionally accredited institution with an associates degree in a closely related field plus one year of experience related to the Summary of Duties or any combination of education and/or experience related to the Summary of Duties totaling three years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of braille production, web braille, Daisy, OCR software, screen readers, and accessible PDFs.
- Familiarity with processes and purpose of accessible documents.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of topics related to Americans with disabilities and how to work with diverse populations.
- Skills in producing alternative text.
- Must have effective listening and negotiating skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail abilities.
- Ability to learn complex software systems.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with various campus departments regarding accessibility and usability of electronic information formats.
- Ability to gather data and analyze data for annual reporting.
- Ability to convey information effectively to the relevant directors, staff, and respective departments.
- Able to deal with complex assistive technology requests, requiring strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to convert documents to alternative file formats such as pdf, html, etc.
- Must be a self-starter, planner, and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible with sometimes demanding work environment and high-volume times of year.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a minimum requirement of an associates degree in a related field with a strength or specialization in Assistive Technology, Information Technology, Web Design, English, or a related field.
Consistent need to speak, hear, and see. Use of fine-hand manipulation associated with the use of a computer.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$24,351 - $30,438
STA164318 Accessibility Services Staff
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/13578
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.