Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Alumni Relations Associate
Rhode Island School of Design
The Alumni Relations Associate is responsible for increasing alumni engagement by coordination, execution, and marketing of various new and established programs within Alumni Relations. Provide excellent customer service to alumni and others in response to phone, email inquiries, and requests for information. Oversee tracking of engagement metrics to measure success of programs.
- Create promotional materials, forms/applications, online event registration, invitations and notifications using various web applications, email and social media. Support on-campus events, including reunion weekend, and alumni club events by creating online registration, email blasts, calendar entries and social media promotions/postings. Working with RISD Media Team, identify, train and support alumni social media ambassadors to advocate for and disseminate news and events from the College.
- Collect and post content on social media relating to events and activities of interest to alumni and/or supported by the Alumni Relations office. Collect web content, calendar postings, campus news, and alumni programs/opportunities of interest to create monthly e-newsletter for alumni.
- Address inquiries to Alumni Relations office via email and phone, answering questions and disseminating to other staff when appropriate. Process customer service requests: ordering of alumni cards, @alumni.risd.edu account creation, and other general inquiries.
- Provide staff assistance to Alumni Association committees and alumni affinity groups as assigned, including planning for annual meetings, and affinity group events on and off campus.
- Manage and expand RISD Weekend Student Ambassador program. Recruit, train, schedule, and recognize student volunteers.
- Manage vendor relationships with benefits providers. Track alumni participation and create annual reports on usage and revenue.
- Utilize Raisers Edge database to track alumni participation, including registrations, attendance, email open rates, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Must demonstrate sensitivity to students, staff, faculty, alumni of varying backgrounds, including but not limited to, racial, ethnic, religious, gender, cultural, ability, sexual orientation and socioeconomic
- Must have knowledge of, or experience with digital, social media, and diverse mediums of communication
- Strong time management skills. Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and under deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated experience with alumni and development databases (Raiser’s Edge preferred) and strong computer skills in programs such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Ability to write persuasively and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and engaging nature
- Ability to comfortably and effectively speak in public and make presentations in meetings
- Ability to interact and correspond professionally with senior staff and distinguished alumni
- Ability to manage and monitor budgets and expenses
- Three years progressively responsible alumni relations and/or development experience preferred with some experience managing and fostering productive relationships with leadership volunteers.
*Work Schedule: *
35 hours/week; 12 months/year
*Employment Status: *
*Documents Needed to Apply: *
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |