The University at Buffalo seeks a Temporary Senior Programmer Analyst to support programming in the Office of Enterprise Application Services. In this position, you will:
- Design, develop, test, maintain and document application software for UB’s enterprise systems. Including analyzing and assisting in development of customer specifications.
- Analyze and/or assist in development of customer specifications.
- Participate in code reviews and quality assurance.
- Elicit customer requirements and develop solutions using new and/or existing technology/application systems.
- Support, design and troubleshoot mission critical, enterprise systems.
- Apply appropriate triage skills to application failures and take appropriate action to maintain service availability.
- Engage necessary campus and external support personnel as needed in implementing recommendations and/or negotiating proposed solutions.
All the Duties & Responsibilities listed above continue to occur in a 24/7 environment, therefore, working extended hours, holidays, or varied hours may be required.
The University at Buffalo is a flagship institution in the State University of New York system, UB is the largest and most comprehensive campus in the 64-campus SUNY system. It is a member of the Association of American Universities. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. UB’s Office of Financial Aid receives over 40,000 applications each year and disburse over $340 million in financial aid each year.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; evenings and weekends as needed to meet the business needs.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience in the Information Systems field is required (includes internships and relevant projects).
The experience should encompass relevant aspects of information technology in support of application development and should include experience in a comparable environment.
The incumbent must possess excellent communication and problem solving skills, and be eager to learn new languages and technologies.
Must have ability to work and communicate effectively with people having diverse skill levels and varying backgrounds in a University setting. Personal initiative and self-discipline are necessary.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Experience with advanced, large scale systems is preferred.
Familiarity with contemporary application development tools and concepts such as automated testing, DevOps toolchains, containerization and Agile development practices is preferred.
A Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field is preferred.
Experience in a university environment is desirable.