Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Manager of Service Delivery (Eligible for Partial or Full Remote)
Manager of Service Delivery (Eligible for Partial or Full Remote)
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace. Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience.
As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
The Service Delivery Manager supervises Technology Project Managers and Technology Business Analysts and provides support direction and mentorship. The Service Delivery Manager is responsible for coordinating the delivery of Technology project implementation services to business units across the University. The Manager establishes and carries out policies and procedures designed to ensure consistently high service performance, monitors employees and evaluates customer feedback to develop high quality continuous improvement processes. The Service Delivery Manager plays a vital role in creating long-term healthy customer relationships, acting as the bridge between the business unit and operational delivery teams. The key responsibilities of the Service Delivery Manager are stewardship and management across all areas of the service delivery process, continual service improvement and customer satisfaction as well as playing a key role in ensuring the highest level of operational service delivery. Ensures project benchmarks are met for on time deliverables.
The Simmons Technology department supports the University in reaching its strategic goals by providing high-quality support. Simmons Technology is committed to providing reliable services, innovative solutions, and excellent support to the Simmons community.
- Lead and Manage Daily Operations
- Manage the daily operations of the department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines. Develop and implement policies and procedures necessary to carry out project assessment, management and implementation with special attention to the following: resource management (both human and financial), customer service management, implementation timelines and service delivery best practice;
- Supervise the Technology Project Managers and Technology Business Analysts. Provide training, guidance and oversee their activities and projects, coordinating their work with other teams in Technology and within Service Delivery as needed. Ensure their adoption of project management and service delivery best practices;
- Communicate with all parties involved in the service delivery process - team members, customers, and top management and ensure efficient and effective management of resources;
- Suggest appropriate technologies to be adopted to meet present and future demands and provide data and feedback in making decisions that will improve service delivery and customer satisfaction;
- Build partnerships and liaise with management to determine delivery criteria and solutions to issues that may arise.
Project Implementation Services
- Assists senior management in the development and implementation of service plans and policies, ensuring that these are followed while delivering project support to customers across the University, both within and external to, Technology;
- Coordinate activities of Technology teams across all areas of implementation services, including communications with vendors and business units;
- Manage customers, resources (both material and human), and projects and programs related to information technology service delivery;
- Track all projects and their components, reporting out to senior management on process and progress;
- Assemble the talent for project teams, either from existing college resources or through assisting the Technology senior management and the Human Resources department with recruiting the right set of people;
- Work closely with senior management and business partners on assessing services, their delivery and acceptance. Provide recommendations for improving business processes whether part of a technology project or as part of a reengineering effort. Identify issues with existing business processes and propose solutions;
- Support cross functional team partnerships that enable consistent defined processes and best practices;
- Works to develop and implement successful solutions for incidents, requests, and change management. Stays on top of industry trends around IT Service Management.
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Minimum of three years related experience;
- Experience with project management and implementation of a variety of business applications/SaaS, both large and small;
- Experience with a wide range of stakeholders and the ability to communicate effectively across multiple constituencies;
- Clear, concise, effective written and verbal communication, presentation and computer skills;
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources;
- Ability to identify and clearly communicate alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems;
- Experience with enterprise applications, preferably Workday.
This position is eligible for partial or full remote work schedule.
Required Application Materials:
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the Application Materials box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Manager-of-Service-Delivery_R08460-1
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |