To grow and energize a comprehensive and inclusive Intramural Sports and Sports Clubs program.
As a teammate with NIU RecWell, you will have fun doing the hard work necessary to live Our Why: "We create conditions for success by facilitating opportunities and building a culture that inspire optimal health and well-being." Your success will be measured by how well you positively influence our work culture, enhance our brand, and contribute to Our Why. You will help build a vibrant, industry-leading RecWell program, where people have fun, live well, and feel their best!
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
Overall leadership, administration and management of a comprehensive and inclusive Intramural Sports and Sport Clubs programs.
Manage all aspects of the program including: program development, marketing, supervision, facilities and equipment, risk management, assessment, and budgeting.
Create extensive student development opportunities for Graduate Assistants and student-staff including recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, mentoring and evaluating.
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
1. Bachelor’s degree in recreation, sport management, physical education, kinesiology, student affairs, or related field
2. Two (2) years of professional, relevant experience in the promotion, design, development, and administration of intramural sports and/or sport club programs
*Note: Master’s Degree with two (2) years of Graduate Assistant experience in Campus Recreation may be substituted for one (1) year of professional experience.
1. Demonstrated experience in training and supervision of multiple part-time student staff including sport officials and supervisors
2. Specific knowledge of sport rules and the administration of sport
3. Current First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications (upon hire)
Education and Experience Preferred
1. Master’s degree in recreation, sport management, physical education, kinesiology, student affairs, or related field.
2. Two (2) years of progressively responsible, relevant professional experience in the promotion, design, development, and administration of intramural sports and/or sport club programs (eg: as a Coordinator of Competitive Sports)
3. Relevant experience in a comparable university or similar recreation setting
4. Current officiating certifications and experiences
5. Experience in budget development and financial procedures
6. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in risk management in sport
7. Experience with relevant software and/or cloud-based systems (eg: Fusion, IM Leagues, etc.)
8. Experience in developing and implementing marketing and promotion strategies
9. Equity, diversity and inclusion training
10. Mental Health First Aid
11. Experience delivering programming that maximize the student learning experience
12. Ability to facilitate the connections between physical activity, physical health, mental health, and intellectual performance
13. Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities, situations and demands
14. Demonstrated ability to build relationships and collaborations
15. Demonstrated pursuit of personal professional development through participation in NIRSA and/or related professional associations or organizations
Additional knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Passion and energy for contributing to a university community living healthier, more active lifestyles
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and work as a member of the team
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to and appreciation of diversity and cultural competence
- Ability to explain the relevance of health and well-being to the field of collegiate recreation
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as needed