Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Senior Impact Assessment Specialist
Utah Valley University
Senior Impact Assessment Specialist
: Staff - Full-Time
Utah Valley University is an innovative, large, public institution serving a dual mission as a community college and four-year institution, located near the metropolitan Salt Lake City region. Our Student Affairs division collaborates to foster a holistic student-centered experience focused on learning and well-being by providing intentional programs and services to promote student success as well as professional and personal development.
The Specialist - Senior Impact Assessment Student Affairs supports Student Affairs leadership (VP, AVPs, and Directors) in various areas of impact assessment including assessment planning and implementation, data collection and analysis, impact assessment mapping and modeling, and impact reporting. This position will chair the Student Affairs Impact Assessment Committeethe primary assessment coordinating body in the Student Affairs division. This position collaborates with the Digital Transformation division, the Office of Business Intelligence, Institutional Research, and Institutional Effectiveness and Planning on campus-wide data and assessment alignment. Overall, this position will help the division of Student Affairs improve decisions on resource allocation, student services, and departmental practices to have a greater impact on student success and outcomes. This is a new position created as part of a phased plan of impact assessment improvement in the division of Student Affairs.
- Planning and Impact Assessment Leadership - Supports Student Affairs department leaders in assessment planning and implementation, data collection and analysis, impact assessment mapping and modeling, and impact reporting. The primary role of the IAS is to consult with, coach, and mentor department leaders (individually and collectively) to improve the impact of their departmental services on student success.
- Assessment Committee Leadership - Chairs the Student Affairs Impact Assessment Committee. The committee is charged to coordinate on all aspects of impact assessment and provide cross-training opportunities for S.A. leaders to learn from one another. Under the direction of the Student Affairs Leadership Team (SALT) and in coordination with this SA Impact Assessment Committee, the IAS is responsible for the annual Student Affairs Impact Report.
- Research and Data Gathering - Collects data and research in the areas of impact assessment as a resource for S.A. leaders. Stays current with emerging assessment trends nationally and shares new learning with S.A. leaders. Provides periodic trainings for entire S.A. leadership group on emerging and innovative technologies to collect, interpret, and model data. Develops an online presence to showcase S.A. impact data and reports.
- Campus-wide Collaboration and Committees - Collaborates with a variety of UVU departments that address data collection and analysis, institutional planning, impact reporting, and overall assessment. This includes participation on a select group of campus committees related to impact assessment.
- Fundraising & Grant Writing Support - Collaborates with the Student Affairs Major Gifts Officer and the Student Affairs Director of Grant Development to help S.A. leaders utilize impact data infundraising and grant writing efforts. Supports the VP of Student Affairs in overall fundraising narratives and storytelling using impact assessment data and diverse student impact stories.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned. Questions should be directed to Summer Valente (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of the Center for Social Impact and search committee chairperson. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelors degree
Three years of progressive experience in higher education assessment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of effective higher education assessment practices and trends
- Knowledge of student services, student engagement, and student development assessment practices and trends
- Knowledge of standards of assessment including, but not limited to:
* CAS standards
* Student Learning Outcomes
* Accreditation standards
- Knowledge of existing and emerging technologies that support program assessment (including Civitas)
- Knowledge of assessment reports and reporting that is accessible for a variety of audiences
- Effective communication (in both written and verbal formats)
- Organization and prioritization
- Presentation and public speaking
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Coaching, consulting, and mentoring
- Build relationships and work effectively with diverse individuals and groups
- Formulate, collect, analyze, and interpret data
- Train individuals in areas of assessment
- Work collaboratively within Student Affairs and across the university
- Utilize data to tell stories of impact
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a masters degree
Five years of progressive experience in higher education assessment
Work is performed in a normal office setting.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/25145
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |