Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Assistant Director, Industry Advising
Assistant Director, Industry Advising
The Assistant Director, Industry Advising is responsible for leading a portfolio of employer relationships and providing career coaching to students and alumni on career decisions and job search strategies. The Assistant Director will work with employers to build a customized recruiting experience to engage with students and alumni of the university, including planning on and off campus events and developing sponsorship opportunities. The Assistant Director will also collaborate with campus professional development teams, faculty, student organizations, alumni, and University Advancement to promote internship and professional opportunities and meet with students to help them secure these opportunities. Some travel will be required.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain relationships with employers and educate them about best practices for recruiting at the university.
- Use Handshake to accurately post multiple positions, establish unique interview schedules, identify potential student candidates and collect resumes.
- Respond to student inquiries regarding job postings and interview schedules.
- Evaluate the employers experience and follow through on any requests or recommendations.
- Build sponsorship opportunities in the Career Center for any interested employer.
- Using recruiting and student interest data, identify target employers for outreach and travel to meet them.
- In collaboration with university faculty, staff and alumni, work to establish recruiting relationships with these organizations.
- Run reports for university professional development teams and to inform strategy of career & professional development.
- Counsel and coach students and alumni on job search strategies and preparation using information captured from employer conversations.
- Lead in-person and virtual workshops on career development subjects like resume writing, interviewing, and managing an online presence.
- Conduct practice interview sessions.
- Develop industry-specific content for website, handouts, and digital & print educational materials.
- Collaborating with professional development teams in the colleges & schools, initiate university-wide, industry-specific career events on and off campus.
- Represent the university on campus program committees and off campus consortia.
- Serve as the Career Centers liaison to academic units and campus department meaningful to employer relationships.
- Share employment trends and recruiting & outcomes data to department chairs and administration.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required.
- 2 5 years experience in university career services office, higher education, human resources or related field.
- Understanding of corporate hiring processes, college career centers and career development trends.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills in order to work with high profile employers, students, faculty, and university administrators.
- Coaching skills, event coordination and programming experience.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office and social media.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally in an office environment and to collaborate with various constituents of the university.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
- Masters degree in Counseling, Higher Education, Human Resources, or related field preferred
- Knowledge of employment and career services management software preferred (the Villanova University Career Center uses Handshake).
- Sales orientation a plus.
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information:
Commensurate with experience
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/16195
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |