This position will oversee the processing of 30,000+ activity and service revenue transactions annually. Processing includes ensuring each transaction has adequate documentation, an appropriate University at Buffalo (UB) approved fee on file, has been coded properly and is recognized in the appropriate fiscal year. Examples of transactions include continuing education, practice plan, raffles, and Center for the Arts.
The Program Service Revenue Coordinator shall be a part of the Financial Services division of the University at Buffalo Foundation, Inc. (UBF)
In addition to processing transactions, the incumbent will follow established banking and depositing protocols, and complete periodic cash handling transactions. The position will also be responsible for working with the UBF accounting team to perform monthly sales tax, wire, and credit card reconciliations.
The Program Service Revenue Coordinator is responsible for understanding, completing and tracking various non-gift revenue contracts for UBF and any of its affiliated companies.
The Program Service Revenue Coordinator will be responsible for enhancing and implementing electronic systems that enable the collection of online activity and service revenues, notably UBF Checkout and UB eStore. Additionally, the position will be responsible for ensuring daily data feeds between business systems are maintained and updated on a regular basis.
The Program Service Revenue Coordinator shall possess a solid understanding of Federal, State, University at Buffalo and University at Buffalo Foundation, Inc. policies and practices related to processing of activity and service revenue transactions. A working knowledge of unrelated business income tax implications is expected within three months of hire.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of all program service revenue transactions
- Process all revenues for university-related companies (e.g. Buffalo Prep, UB Speech-Language and Hearing Clinic)
- Help complete monthly reconciliations, including sales tax, credit card, and wire transactions
- Perform daily electronic deposits into UBF’s accounting system, and periodic cash deposits
- Ensure compliance with appropriate Federal, State, University at Buffalo and UBF policies and procedures
- Assist in determining and computing unrelated business taxable income
- Research and assist UB account holders with unusual service and activity revenue-related requests
- Enhance and implement UBF Checkout and UB eStore website applications
- Assist with implementation of any other new revenue processing systems
- Implement process improvements using technology to gain operational efficiencies
- Coordinate process to ensure scanned images are available for program service revenue transactions
- Remain up to date on changes to laws, policies, and regulations that impact revenue transactions
- Provide general guidance to the Service Revenue Specialist
- Help provide supervisory backup during absences of the Revenue Manager
- Assist the philanthropic gift team with processing gift transactions during busy periods of the year
- Other duties as assigned