The New York State University Police are seeking a University Police Officer 1. In this position, you will:
- respond to calls for assistance to ensure people and property are protected
- arrest violators and assist injured parties
- conduct initial investigations of incidents to gather and preserve evidence
- direct traffic and controls crowds at events
- stop persons violating the Vehicle & Traffic Law
- issue warnings, tickets and summonses
In this position, you will work under the general supervision of a University Police Officer 2. You must be able to work alone and exercise independent judgment in performing duties. This position has substantial contact with the public and other law enforcement personnel. In this role, you may direct University Police Communications & Security Specialists, Security Services Assistants or student workers.
The mission of the University at Buffalo Police Department is to provide a safe, friendly and welcoming environment for students, visitors, faculty and staff to live, learn, work and play.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Departmental Operating Needs
1. Transfer eligibility requirement: You must have a current permanent appointment with a minimum of 1 year of service in a position of the same title or transferable title.
2. Reassignment requirement: You must hold the same title at the University at Buffalo.
3. Reinstatement requirement: You must be a former state employee to request reinstatement to the title that was held (or transferable title).
ALL APPLICANTS MUST MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS. ANY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THAT DO NOT MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED UNQUALIFIED AND WILL BE DISCARDED.
A completed application is required to be considered for this position. If you have received a canvass letter, DO NOT APPLY to this position. You must apply to the Web address provided on your canvass letter.