Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Sr. Web Producer
University of San Francisco
Sr. Web Producer
The University of San Francisco seeks a well-rounded, web professional with hands-on experience building web pages, managing complex sites, and content production. The position is responsible for keeping university web content fresh, dynamic, and engaging while adhering to university branding, voice & tone, and style guides. A successful candidate will have a deep knowledge of web best practices including information architecture, web content strategy, user experience, interactive design, visual design, analytics, SEO, optimizing website performance, and web accessibility. We are seeking an individual with a combination of technical experience, strong customer-service orientation, and good written and interpersonal communication skills.
Full Job Description:
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Conceptualize homepage features in collaboration with a cross-functional OMC team, produce the features, and assess success based on web analytics.
- Proactively seek out relevant content and improve distribution across digital channels.
- Create, update, and expand university web content and enhance the usability of the university website
- Actively provide quality control for content on the university websites. Ensure content is relevant and up-to-date. Manage process for regular content review of key pages and ensure all pages are reviewed on a regular schedule.
- Develop an understanding of the external stakeholders' (prospective students, parents, donors, alumni, employees) goals in order to advise colleagues on content creation, navigation, and web marketing best practices and to help optimize user actions within the sites
- Develop and implement high quality web solutions to meet the university's marketing needs - including but not limited to landing pages, web forms, web copy, and images
- Develop information architecture for sites that enhance and simplify the user experience
- Select and edit photographic assets for use on the site
- Responsible for organizing and collecting content from colleagues around the university, including outreach and consultation with faculty and staff to develop content
- Ensure consistency with the university branding and messaging guidelines, website style guide, and writing, voice, and tone guide
- Follow established OMC Web & Digital Communications team coding standards
- Effectively anticipate issues from both internal audiences and external constituents and proactively help generate solutions
- Utilize web analytics and performance data to implement improvements to the sites
- Research, test, and implement web-based applications
- Assist with quality assurance and testing of university websites and applications as needed
- Assume leadership/mentor role to web producers
- Recruit and supervise web student assistants
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Understanding of and commitment to USF's Vision, Mission and Values
- Bachelor's degree in digital media, marketing, communications, journalism, design or related field
- 5+ years relevant web production and design experience
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of HTML; preferably 3-5 years of experience working directly in HTML and ability to hand-code as well as work within web CMS editor
- Advanced knowledge of UX design and CSS and 2-3 years of experience creating and applying custom css
- Advanced knowledge of web analytics to strategically interpret results and use the data to inform decisions on the user experience, web content, information architecture, and flow of the website
- Advanced understanding of SEO techniques and best practices
- Possess critical thinking, analytical, and creative talent to develop a concept, idea, or content into a strong visual presentation that maximizes marketing effectiveness
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar, and proof-reading skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously
- Strong project management skills to lead projects, establish requirements, and ensure deliverables and timelines are met
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Experience working cross-functionally within a team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively present conceptual solutions to team members and key stakeholders
- Strong customer service orientation
- Provide at least 3 samples of recent web work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience and proven track record updating websites utilizing a web content management system.
- Digital graphic art production experience/working knowledge of Photoshop
- Knowledge of website best practices including SEO techniques and complying with WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Sr-Web-Producer_R0001226.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |