Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) offers one of the most forward-looking educational environments in dental medicine in the country. Tufts Dental Facilities for Persons with Special Needs (TDF) is a network of seven outpatient clinics that provides dental care to approximately 7,000 developmentally disabled patients in the state of Massachusetts under the umbrella of TUSDM and in partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) and the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services (DDS). Additional patient treatment is provided in the operating room setting at four affiliated hospitals within the state. The TDF program also provides a venue for teaching General Practice Residents through the Tufts GPR Program and 4th year dental students from TUSDM.
What You'll Do
Under limited supervision, the Patient Registration Coordinator:
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Greets patients.
- Inputs and/or verifies patient information.
- Responds to patient inquiries.
- Schedules/confirms appointments.
- May perform financial functions (collects payment, conducts daily batch reconciliation) and provides administrative support.
- Performs other related duties to assist in the management of the department.
- Provides leadership to fellow staff members.
What We're Looking For
- High School degree/equivalency and 3-5 years of job related experience.
- In depth knowledge of dental/medical software, codes, Microsoft Office and dental terminology.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Experience with special needs population preferred.
- Ability to work with patient’s parents, guardians, and care givers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Should be a team player, self-motivated, well organized and have the ability to manage his/her time efficiently.
Minimum $21.20, Midpoint $25.45, Maximum $29.70
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.