Assistant - GEAR UP Outreach Mentor Provo School District (Part Time Variable Hours)
: Staff - Part-Time (Variable Hour)
Under the general direction of the Statewide GEAR UP Education Program counselor, works one-on-one with high school students in the Utah County area; addresses the needs of diverse learners; serves as a positive role model; and interacts with students and/or faculty using discernment, follow-through, and decision-making.
Graduation from an accredited institution with an associates degree plus one year of experience related to the Summary of Duties or any combination of education and experience related to the Summary of Duties totaling three years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have basic academic knowledge as a result of a completion of a high school diploma or equivalent and have sufficient college preparation to pursue a college curriculum.
- Must demonstrate good verbal, written communication, and teaching skills, and be able to tutor students of various academic levels.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate the ability to organize schedules, prioritize tasks, and follow-through on assignments.
- Must be able to successfully interact with students with diverse cultural and academic backgrounds.
Fluency in Spanish, both speaking and writing.
Consistent need to speak, hear, and see. Physical ability to perform job tasks.
You may be eligible for a 3 credit hour or 1 class tuition waiver after 6 consecutive months of employment and a minimum of 475 hours worked. Dependents do not qualify for a waiver.
$10.20 - $12.75 per hour
STA173318 Gear-Up Staff 08/30/2019
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/15043
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.