The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is looking for an office liaison and receptionist to operate the University switchboard. This position serves as the forward face of the OIT department as well as the voice representing Auburn University to outside callers. Excellent interpersonal skills, dedication to customer service, and strong verbal and written communication skills are required for this position.
1. Serves as primary point of contact to students, parents, faculty and staff, answering and forwarding calls received by the University’s main phone line as well as the OIT phone line. Provides informational assistance to constituents to include the general public.
2. Greets and assists persons entering the OIT building.
3. Assists with visitor parking and guest wifi access.
4. Receives and distributes daily freight and loading dock deliveries from a wide variety of carriers; Prepares outgoing shipments and schedule pickups.
5. Maintains vehicle fleet user log and keys access. Provides backup for Building Coordinator.
6. Performs other administrative support duties as part of the Administrative Services team.