Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Part-Time Kids at College Instructor
Part-Time Kids at College Instructor
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Position is responsible for teaching Kids at College summer camps/courses to students who want to enhance their personal lives.
Courses may include:
- Create-A-Lot ( arts, crafts, dance, theater, etc.)
- Career Exploration (Energy Venture, video games, computer science, etc.)
- Teen Courses (ceramics, creative writing, rock & hip hop recording, private music lessons, etc.)
- Sport Camps (Basketball and Volleyball)
For more information about Kids at College please visit our website at http://www.lee.edu/workforce/ce/kids-at-college/
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attend mandatory instructor orientation May 2018.
- Complete mandatory online course training and HR sexual harassment/misconduct and child abuse training.
- Maintain a safe classroom, innovative learning environment and diverse learning opportunities for all students.
- Select instructional materials to meet student needs.
- Provide instructional suggestions and tools.
- Remain with campers until parents/guardians pick them up daily.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom and report discipline issues to Program Manager.
- Supervise and assist with daily setup and cleanup of camp.
- Communicate effectively with Program Manager to monitor attendance of students participating in the camp.
- Assume responsibility for the care of materials, supplies, equipment and facilities.
- Maintain standards of excellence within the camp, and provide feedback regularly to the Program Manager regarding learning outcomes and course management.
- Work cooperatively with the Program Manager prior to camp.
- Contribute to program assessment.
- Develop daily lesson plans.
- Maintain a positive learning environment and diverse learning opportunities for all students.
- Develop and maintain instructional supplies.
- Develop and utilize a course syllabus for each course by following established institutional guidelines.
- Provide copies of all lesson plans, course syllabus, supply lists and syllabi to the Continuing Education department in case of instructor absence.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. Scheduled hours are not to exceed 19.5 hours a week. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Must document related work experience, Certification(s) or Associate degree in the area of study
- Able to work individually with diverse ages and population
- Friendly, positive and courteous
- Act with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to climb stairs, stand, walk, bend and kneel
- Must demonstrate knowledge of class subject matter
- Previous teaching experience preferred
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work related to teaching field. If college work is not related to teaching field, applicants can attach two (2) Letters of Recommendation in lieu of college transcripts. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/4619
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |