Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) offers one of the most forward-looking educational environments in dental medicine in the country. Since its founding in 1868, TUSDM has been committed to leadership in education, patient care, research, and community service. Students obtain an interdisciplinary education, integrated with medicine, with access to training in dental specialties. Clinics managed at TUSDM provide quality comprehensive care to more than 20,000 individuals annually. Nationally and internationally, the school promotes health and educational programs and researches new procedures, materials, and technologies to improve oral health.
Clinical administration supports the clinical and educational efforts within the pre-doctoral and postgraduate clinic operations. The clinical administration staff provides courteous, professional and effective support services and is committed to providing patient, student, and faculty with information, guidance, and quality service to contribute to a successful dental clinic experience. This includes maintaining a safe environment, assuring that patients' dental needs are addressed in a caring, confidential, timely, and thorough manner that patients are informed about their treatment and clinic procedures, and those patients' finances are handled accurately and efficiently.
The central sterilization facility is responsible for sterilization processing, security and transportation of equipment and instruments used in patient care within the dental school clinics for treatment of more than 600 patients per day.
What You'll Do
The Central Sterilization Transporter is responsible for: Preparing and packaging, loading and unloading the autoclave, transporting and securing instruments following instrument tracking system protocols and servicing dispensaries throughout building with adequate inventory to contribute to a smooth clinic operation and positive clinic experience for patients, students, and staff.
What We're Looking For
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to push, and pull case carts.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs without assistance.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to complete multiple concurrent tasks, be organized and plan ahead for upcoming events.
- Proficient in Microsoft word and Excel, email communication and password management.
- Must be teamwork orientated, self-starting individual with good judgement and maturity.
- Knowledge in Dental Instrumentation.
- CRCST (Certified Registered Central Sterile Technician) IAHCSMM certification required.
- 1 year in experience in a healthcare setting.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Hours: Monday - Friday, 12:00pm to 9:00pm. Occasional weekends.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.