Graphic Designer (7467U) - 27418
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 15, 2019
We are a team of marketing strategists, graphic designers and web technologists who create and shape the visual expression and voice of the Berkeley brand through a number of channels and initiatives. Our team manages the main Berkeley website, brand website, digital photo gallery and campus events calendar, and serves the communications community with tools and training programs, including an annual conference.
- Develops and produces visual presentations, devising visual themes that strengthen the communication of ideas and information.
- Conceives, produces and approves files, graphics, and/or illustrations for visual media (both print and digital), with an emphasis on fundraising proposals.
- Assesses complex or otherwise challenging written material and data and devises the best ways to present it visually to enhance its clarity and impact.
- Works closely with project managers, writers, and clients to understand communication requirements, determine most appropriate media, and create cost-effective products.
- Effectively meet budget and time constraints.
- Edits and updates existing materials to reflect current facts and data.
- Intermediate knowledge of design and communications concepts and applicable software applications.
- Working knowledge of the campus, including its vision, mission, goals, and objectives, or ability to learn.
- Intermediate design, creative and artistic skills.
- Strong skills in developing and presenting creative concepts to client-partners.
- Advanced interpersonal communications skills, including active listening skills and skills to work effectively within teams and to effectively provide design advice and consultation to clients on all aspects of visual communications.
- Critical thinking skills, advanced organizational skills and proactive problem-solving/problem resolution skills.
Salary & Benefits
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience .
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://jobsprod.is.berkeley.edu/psp/jobsprod/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=27418&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1