Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Classroom Systems Technician, IT Customer Service
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Classroom Systems Technician provides trouble shooting, maintenance, installation, and repair of complex Audio-Visual equipment and systems for centrally scheduled classrooms and other supported technology enhanced university spaces in a multi-campus environment.
In this role you will:
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair complex AV equipment and systems in classrooms and other supported spaces
- Perform routine maintenance on AV systems, including cleaning, calibrating, and updating system software and firmware
- Coordinate with other technical support teams and vendors to ensure timely resolution of technical issues
- Communicate effectively with faculty and staff to understand their AV needs and for the consideration of future design plans
- Maintain current inventory in the asset tracking system of AV equipment and supplies
- Create and maintain documentation related to AV technologies and systems
- Train faculty and staff on proper use of AV technology and systems
Must be able to support the following types of systems:
- Audio (Program and Speech, DSP based systems)
- Projection and Display Devices
- Source Control Devices
- Custom Control Systems
- Audio and Video Teleconferencing
- Digital Signage Systems
- Video Wall Display Systems
- RF Systems
It is a great time to join UB Information Technology (UBIT)
! Our staff are highly skilled and motivated to succeed and have cutting-edge training and technical resources at their disposal. For more information about UBIT
visit our website
. All the duties & responsibilities listed above continue to occur in a 24×7 environment, therefore, working extended hours, holidays, or varied hours may be required.
In addition to professional growth opportunities, UBIT
staff have access to benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal, and academic to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo:
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics, communications, or a related field with 2 years of Audio-Visual (AV) customer service experience. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- This position requires local travel between each university campus and off-campus. Must have the ability to demonstrate that the candidate can meet the transportation needs of this position.
- Ability to read and interpret building plans, blueprints, and schematics to incorporate infrastructure and media systems into new and remodel projects
- CTS AVIXA certification is required or obtained within 6 months of employment
- Crestron Digital Media Certification-Engineer (DMC-E-4K)
- CTS-I and or CTS-D certifications
- Experience with ticket tracking systems
- Experience with networked AV systems
- BiAmp TesiraForte certification
- Dante 1, 2, and or 3 certification
- 2 or more years of experience working in a highly complex higher education environment
- Must be able to identify colors used for standard wire coding
- Occasionally ascends and descends a ladder to install and/or repair AV equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Frequently moves AV equipment across campus for various classrooms and events
- Constantly positions self to maintain AV equipment in the classroom, including under desks, inside teaching stations, and in network closets
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |