Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Program Manager, Industrial
Program Manager, Industrial
The starting salary range is $54,101 - $62,211 based on the Lee College Administrative Salary Scale, C43. Starting salary is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Workforce & Community Development
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Program Manager will coordinate the delivery, maintenance and marketing of non-credit, competency-based training and other educational opportunities for adults entering or currently employed in the industrial occupations including in the fields of analyzers, electrical, instrumentation, machinist, millwright, pipefitting, process operations, welding, and workplace safety. Responsible for operational aspects of open enrollment, grant-funded and contract training programs and courses, monitoring and scheduling classes, maintaining credentialing documents, securing classroom locations, equipment, textbooks, confirming enrollment and revenue statistics, and marketing of programs and courses.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Program management & maintenance of all Industrial related programs.
- Coordinate instructional programs and internship opportunities in compliance with accrediting agency guidelines; in accordance with college policies, procedures, and goals; in response to occupational demand; and when appropriate, in alignment with professional continuing education requirements.
- Coordinate schedule creation and course delivery activities in accordance with program need and in compliance with established policies and procedures
- Maintain CEU course and instructor files as required by THECB, SACS, and applicable credentialing agencies.
- Recruit, screen, hire, supervise, and evaluate instructors.
- Develop projections and track course/program budgets, ensure expenditures are in compliance with the Center's policies, and ensure activities conducted remain within the approved operating budget.
- Provide continuing quality improvement through assessments of instruction and curriculum, by staying abreast of major trends, and by tracking and evaluating the impact of courses and programs.
- Collaborate with other administrators to prepare courses/program delivery.
- Promote courses and programs to increase enrollment and community awareness in accordance with Lee College's and the Center's marketing plan.
- Maintain contracts with third-party providers and testing associations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry professionals, community leaders, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare and analyze customer relations data to track program status and produce sales management reports.
- Assist with the development and implementation of department procedures, goals, strategic planning, and marketing initiatives.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Represent the Center at college and community events.
- Advise students with program questions and concerns.
- Resolve student and faculty issues.
- Plan and coordinate special events/workshops.
- Assist with registration and answering phones as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associates (or higher) degree in an industrial study with four (4) years of management experience; OR a Bachelors (or higher) degree in applied, business, or a related field
- Two (2) years of experience with delivering, developing, or managing work-based learning activities in a public or private setting
- Experience in supervision or leading teams
- Experience with business development activities
- Knowledge of industrial communities Lee College serves
- Detail oriented with a strong ability to multitask and meet critical deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency with project coordination and/or scheduling
- Manage, organize, and communicate information of varying technical complexity
- Able to work individually with limited supervision and collaboratively with diverse populations/groups/teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage, organize and communicate information of varying technical complexity
- Knowledge of college systems and operations
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated knowledge of business management basics
- Exceptional computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to efficiently navigate and effectively use the internet for research and other forms of communication
- Some travel required. Travel is typically confined to the Lee College service area; however professional development may require participation in conferences or similar activities at locations throughout the state of Texas.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work
. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7052
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |