Records and Systems Analyst (7398U) - 5314
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: February 10, 2020
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions must provide a fair opportunity for every applicant to obtain admission to the University, operate in a professional manner that ensures positive staff morale and values hard work and dedication, communicate and collaborate effectively, present a coordinated effort to standardize procedures and document best practices, offer a variety of methods for professional development, and provide first-class customer service in a cost-effective and transparent manner.
- Provides analyses for records and admissions data, systems and resource projects and presents to department leadership.
- Analyses may include applicant data, systems implications and dependencies, resource tradeoffs, and downstream considerations.
- Researches and summarizes best practices in field and related systems.
- Stays up to date on admissions record retention practices.
- Conducts post-implementation analysis to determine the need for further enhancements, finer distinctions and/or additional process/policy components.
- Makes recommendations to systems team colleagues, as well as department leadership on necessary improvements based upon the resulting analysis.
- Develops proposals and recommendations to guide and support a broader strategic direction for the organization.
- Coordinates efforts with a variety of external and internal contacts regarding system processes.
- Advises on best practices related to record management.
- Relied on to exercise good judgement in reviewing data/records requests.
- Drafts and maintains documentation, proposals, and reports relating to various systems configurations and processes.
- Establishes and maintains contacts internally and with external constituents for the collection and exchange of data, and manages fulfillment of document and records requests, including FERPA, Subpoena, and Public Records Act requests.
- Leads most system configuration testing and maintenance, including Apply UC End-to-End testing, Application Edits, and other projects as they arise.
- Maintains applicant records and documents in Slate, Campus Solutions and Perceptive Content.
- Understands the student record, and how data flows from one system to the next in order to ensure that data integrity is maintained.
- Supports the office by taking on a small caseload during times of application review, finalization, outreach and yield.
Application Review -
- Serves as a support reader by reading and scoring a small set of freshman and transfer applications; assesses academic preparedness, student motivation, initiative, leadership potential, work/life experience, extracurricular activities, socioeconomic status, disability, and educational/personal hardship.
- Uses professional judgment when reviewing complex applications for admission.
- Maintains a small caseload of newly admitted students, evaluates transcripts and required documents and mandates supplemental academic preparation as condition of admission where appropriate.
- Determines if applicant has met specific University/campus requirements at point of admission.
- Finalizes applicants' entrance records for the University.
- May represent the office in daily presentations, when needed;
- Behaves in a manner that promotes goodwill on behalf of the University.
- May acts as back-up support staff for school visits, makes presentations, identifies potential students, and provides information about higher education generally and UC Berkeley specifically.
- Attends one or two New Student Receptions, diversity initiative events, and mentoring programs to engage with newly admitted students to encourage their acceptance to the university
- Look for opportunities to participate in training or build professional skills, including keeping on top of changes in Slate, Campus Solutions, and Perceptive Content and continuing to build knowledge and experience with the systems.
- Knowledge of common campus-specific and other computer application programs.
- Analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff; both verbally and in writing.
- Strong skills in analyzing and synthesizing large amounts of data for preparing sound and relevant proposals.
- Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
- Analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with university-level undergraduate recruitment and admissions practices.
- Demonstrated experience with Customer Relationship Management systems or student information systems (Slate, Campus Solutions, Banner, etc).
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Previous experience working with Slate, Campus Solutions, Banner or equivalent systems.
- PMP certification
- Previous SQL reading and writing experience
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience within the range of $70,000.00 - $80,000.00.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a full-time, career position.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=5314&PostingSeq=1