University of Idaho
University Communications & Marketing
$44,000 annually or higher commensurate with experience
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Content Coordinator is responsible for executing university communications strategy, including development and coordination of content as it relates to the university's strategic plan and in collaboration with the communications and marketing teams. Content includes the university's magazine, feature stories, special publications and website content. This position represents UCM in university-wide initiatives, writes communication plans and helps execute them, as necessary. This position coordinates internal communication content for newsletters and calendar items, working closely with the UCM web coordinator to publish timely and accurate information. This position provides copy editing support and works with other UCM team members on important university issues, including executive communications and crisis or emergency communications efforts, as needed.
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of three years related professional experience or a combination of education and related experience totaling at least seven years;
- Project management experience in creative content production, i.e. magazines, newsletters and web;
- Experience writing news articles and features for publication; editing, research, issue management and messaging;
- Experience editing and proofreading;
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective communication strategies and platforms;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Associated Press style.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Experience in strategic communications and brand marketing communications;
- Experience conducting interviews for stories and other writing projects;
- Experience in higher education.
Open Until Filled:
To be considered your Letter of Qualification must address each of the minimum qualifications.
Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the desired qualifications as relevant.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.